Notification To & Regarding Moderators

I would like to put this topic up here so everyone is aware of current staff events. I've begun a multi-purpose contact with most moderators, the remainder may receive replies from either Buzzinbee or Cyotie who kindly offered to help me.

The purpose of this is to address to nerd.nu/staff page, in particular with the people listed as active moderators so that we can establish a more accurate representation of our moderators. From this I will be posting my spreadsheet within the admin forum which contains the details of how many people moderate on each server, which should help for mod nominee topics.

Here is my progress so far:

1. Establish who is active / inactive based on the last few weeks of logs.
  2. Contact all inactive moderators to find out whether they wish to stop themselves being moved to the inactive section. [1]
  3. Contact all active moderators to find out which server each person feels comfortable moderating upon and follow up to find out which areas of training need to be provided.
  4. Receive replies, follow up with each person and then update spreadsheet for the server admins.
  5. After two weeks, come September 12th, update the staff page where relevant based on the replies or lack of.

Note: For any moderators moved into the inactive area, you're welcome to request your permissions to be reinstated at any time by contacting a head admin and arranging a time to have a short discussion first.

[1] All with the exception of Twiggy_Stick, if anyone can contact them to let them know of our intentions, please do. I would appreciate this.

Edit: I apologise to all who received my templated messages, given how many people I was contacting, I needed to use something suitable for all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Former Staff

I just wanted to 'bump' this post as a notification to other people as a few of you have approached me to ask about this topic. I'll be updating the permissions to reflect the inactive and recently departed staff this coming weekend.

Guest Former Staff

We're moving forward with the following list of people to be moved to inactive / past moderators on the staff page based on the wishes of those we contacted and from a lack of response (some of these names do not have a forum account to contact). If there has been an oversight with any of these people or if in future you wish to help the community once more, you can contact a head admin to request permissions to be updated.

Amaranthus
Bencvt
CharGB - Has since left the staff
Chumazing
Ebreezet
Elbeau
excelblue - Asked to be moved to inactive
Golf1052

Guyjones - Has since left the staff.
Imwoood - Asked to be moved to inactive
Jcll - Has since left the staff.
Lpoql
mrschteven88
Mumberthrax
Naughts73
Ninjasmooshr - Asked to be moved to inactive
Ooer
Rcub3161
Skuld - Asked to be moved to inactive
superjjskate - Asked to be moved to inactive
thelethalkind
Trevorman - Asked to be moved to inactive
Twiggy_Stick
uni0 - Has since left the staff
xXNjordXx - Has since left the staff
yetanotherx - Asked to be moved to inactive

On the note of updating permissions, I'll be seeking to contact three moderators currently on the inactive list as they have asked to return to help. If anyone spots Ojwasguilty, Roastnewt or Speializedowns before me, please let them know I'm keeping an eye out for them.

Edit: striking out the names in the bottom to indicate who I've spoken with.