ClanChat Suggestion

coolgamerovr90

I have noticed people on PvE who switch into the #trade ClanChat so often, that when someone in #port_aperture for example asks a question, they end up responding in the trade ClanChat forgetting to switch channels afterwards. What I had in mind to attempt to solve this issue is a command like /ctrade [Message] or /cslpeef [Message] which would send a message to those ClanChat's without the need to have to change default channels.

As a permanent solution, to avoid problems with those commands on other servers, we could create a  /ctemp command, for example /ctemp will send a message to a specified ClanChat without changing your default one, like "/ctemp #trade [message here] would send your message to #trade without affecting /c"

I just wish there was some sort of interface to keep track of all the clanchats, I have created several public clanchats on C and it's steadily getting a bit more confusing to keep switching between all of them. Also the ability to omit a channel would be absolutely fantastic, specifically for my #SPAM channel, that way I don't have to kick everyone when I'm sick of it.

I just wish there was some sort of interface to keep track of all the clanchats, I have created several public clanchats on C and it's steadily getting a bit more confusing to keep switching between all of them. Also the ability to omit a channel would be absolutely fantastic, specifically for my #SPAM channel, that way I don't have to kick everyone when I'm sick of it.

I have been wanting a sort of interface like that, too. I might grab ClanChat off the GitHub page and attempt to do it by myself. It can turn into a big headache fast

It's been pretty bad for me on S this rev. I'm in something like three clanchats, then I usually have at least one /r and sometime the modchat going at the same time. It's confusion, to say the least.

I need to look into setting some more macros...

• Upvote 1

If you get the macro mod, you can set a macro to chat to specific channels.

As of currently, the Macro Mod is banned on Survival according to MrLoud15. I'm still waiting to hear an amendment about that, as I was given the okay for it about a year ago by a higher-up until now. It's also been in the ModJar for as long as I can remember.

Check out TabbyChat. I was told it is allowed on P. Would need confirmation about using it on S, but I don't see why not.

You can make specific tabs that only show you messages from certain chats and set a default command for that chat/tab (such as /c #[whatever clanchat]) so you dont have to constantly type it to make sure you're in that channel when viewing that tab.

Check out TabbyChat. I was told it is allowed on P. Would need confirmation about using it on S, but I don't see why not.

As of currently, the Macro Mod is banned on Survival according to MrLoud15. I'm still waiting to hear an amendment about that, as I was given the okay for it about a year ago by a higher-up until now. It's also been in the ModJar for as long as I can remember.

I'm still checking both of these things out for S. I have been really busy for the last few days but as soon as I have the time I will finish checking them out and talk to the other Sadmins and see what they think about allowing these mods on S.

Also, the macro mod has been banned on S since at least June 8th 2012‎ when Ludeman added it to the not approved list on the wiki.