The Face Behind the Name

tacodude3

We've had several of these threads in the past on the subreddit, each being very popular.

It's been awhile since the last one, so go ahead and post a picture of yourself! Let's see the people we've wasted so much time with!

Of course now would be the time iPhoto needs a seven hour update.  Oh well, crappy impromptu webcam photo it is.

(Removed my own picture for reasons)

• Upvote 4

kitcat, that's a gorgeous picture of you! :3

I didn't intend to take this picture (was rather bright out, and couldn't see on the screen that the front camera was on, not the back), but I rather like it

2pYMqst.jpg

and for some reason I'm in a bit of a boasting mood today, so here's a poor scan of me meeting the President in the Oval Office  :biggrin:

6KOFx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 47

Ahaha tom, post a proper one!

And I was the 2010-11 Natl. Sea Scout Bosn, which meant I was a part of the Report to the Nation, a yearly BSA event where they take the top scouts from around the country and bring them to D.C. to meet with a large portion of our nation's leadership, where we let them know what's happened in scouting in the past year. 

But sorry for taking things off-topic >.<

• Upvote 2

and for some reason I'm in a bit of a boasting mood today, so here's a poor scan of me meeting the President in the Oval Office  :biggrin:

Wow that's incredible Thrawn.  I had no idea we were in the presence of royalty.  It's like a little bit of that power was transferred to you or something...

I suppose I should fire away.  This is my first time in Italy after I emerged from the beautiful Milano Centrale train station.

WUHwhCB.jpg

A few minutes after I snapped this pic, a lanky dude ran by me awkwardly clutching a bag.  Hearing shouting behind me, I turned around to see three cops running after him.  It was super surreal and a timely reminder for a rookie traveller like myself.  I held my phone a lot closer to me after that!

Edited by gdavison
  • Upvote 2