[PMC] Community Outreach Ideas

Judge Dread

I've been tossing around these ideas in my head for a few days now, I also ran them by a few staff members and the feedback has all been positive so I guess it's time to make a thread on it.

Feedback Thread
The first idea I've been toying around with is a monthly feedback thread either here or on the subreddit (I myself prefer the subreddit). In this thread posted on the first of the month would state what's going on with the servers, anything interesting that may be happening this month, and taking/answering questions/concerns. This I feel will help us get more involved with our playerbase and on top of that hopefully help them feel like they have more input into how the servers are run.

Player Mod Nominations

This is a little tricky but i would like to try it out. The idea being that players start a thread on the subreddit nominating a player. The players then state their opinion and if the consensus is positive or neutral we look into this player and make an effort to get to know them. After a period of time, say a week, we vote on person. I realize this may/will turn into a popularity contest so we have to a strict guideline and criteria for how we tally the votes. An example would be we weigh S players votes more for if said nomination is primarily an S player. I feel this could help us find players that slip through the cracks, on top of that it should help the community feel like they control the server instead of the other way around.

So time for more feedback here. Bring forward ideas that can help us interact with the community more in terms or policy or just general interaction, and discuss the merits and faults of these idea.

small edit: I would like to move this over to modchat public eventually either before or after discussion. 

• Upvote 1

Player Mod Nominations

This is a little tricky but i would like to try it out. The idea being that players start a thread on the subreddit nominating a player. The players then state their opinion and if the consensus is positive or neutral we look into this player and make an effort to get to know them. After a period of time, say a week, we vote on person. I realize this may/will turn into a popularity contest so we have to a strict guideline and criteria for how we tally the votes. An example would be we weigh S players votes more for if said nomination is primarily an S player. I feel this could help us find players that slip through the cracks, on top of that it should help the community feel like they control the server instead of the other way around.

The problem I see with this is we can't effectively moderate the subreddit well enough to be able to use it effectively for that purpose.  We don't have a way to verify dupe/throw away accounts that people could create for voting purposes.  If we ever do something like this, it will have to take place on the forums so it can be effectively moderated.