Thrawn's Head Admin Log

thrawn21

Heyo everyone, in the continuous effort to improve transparency and keep the community in the loop, I've put into action an idea that's been bouncing around in my head for ages, and that is to have a personal head admin log. I'll be doing my best to write down what I've done as a head admin at the end of each day (and remind me if I forget!).

A lot of head's job deals with personal conversations and private info, so I'll be writing these all in "corporate-speak" to try to balance between letting the general player base know what I've been doing as a head, and protecting the privacy of the people and problems dealt with. If you don't mind being named in an entry, just let me know and I will edit it. Likewise, if I have named you where you'd prefer not to be, I'll gladly remove it. 

Feedback is welcome! 

• Upvote 16

I think it's a great idea. Just one suggestion...why not make it a proper blog instead of using Google Docs? You could plunk down a Jekyll blog on GitHub Pages or use WordPress.com or something. It would be more visible and easier to read.

Hrmm, good idea, I'll look into that.

• Upvote 1

I think it's a great idea. Just one suggestion...why not make it a proper blog instead of using Google Docs? You could plunk down a Jekyll blog on GitHub Pages or use WordPress.com or something. It would be more visible and easier to read.

A section on the forums would also be a good place for admin logs. 

• Upvote 3

Nice Thrawn! Hey didn't you do this for a while way back. I only mention because I thought you found it was labor intensive. Might want to plan on keeping it very simple information and not try to be overly complete. Hard to keep it up if you have to write long after action reports on everything. 

• Upvote 2

Nice Thrawn! Hey didn't you do this for a while way back. I only mention because I thought you found it was labor intensive. Might want to plan on keeping it very simple information and not try to be overly complete. Hard to keep it up if you have to write long after action reports on everything. 

Yeah, I am worried about how labor intensive it would be, and time consuming to sit down and write this after doing all that

• 9 months later...