Favorite Video Game Franchises?

Dex4002

Could we just name favourite games? Because if we talk franchise we're extremely limited. Because everyone is going to say Zelda, Mario, Sonic, MegaMan, Final Fantasy, etc.

Sure, in that case for me it is,

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

5 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Castlevania, hands down (with the exception of Order of Ecclesia)

This series literally wrote the book on the dos & donts of game design, from storylines, to level planning, to enemy placement, to rewards through exploration, everything.

Splinter cell, Serious sam, The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind was probably my favorite)

EDIT: If we're talking about single games, I'd have to say Saints Row 2. I picked this game up off the $20 game shelf at Walmart one summer with my friends and I've played through it at least a couple dozen times. Such a fun game, so many good times. I'm not a hug fan of the direction the series headed after 2, but I'm sure they're still fun to play.

Edited by knapptime18

I have a lot of franchises that I love.

My favourite probalbly being uncharted...

However, My favourite game of all time has to be Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Good music, Great combat, good platforming, good puzzles, good graphical design, great Ai, great acting and voices Including Uri L. before he started to sound like a 14 year old boy (lol), great story, new ideas

This game kicks modern Third person adventure games in the face (Excluding Uncharted) and I challenge the community to find it's flaws.

Someone agree with me that POP.SOT was the shit.

Edited by Darkelmo

I have a lot of franchises that I love.

My favourite probalbly being uncharted...

However, My favourite game of all time has to be Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Good music, Great combat, good platforming, good puzzles, good graphical design, great Ai, great acting and voices Including Uri L. before he started to sound like a 14 year old boy (lol), great story, new ideas

This game kicks modern Third person adventure games in the face (Excluding Uncharted) and I challenge the community to find it's flaws.

Someone agree with me that POP.SOT was the shit.

If you loved uncharted as I did too, you'll enjoy naughty dogs The Last of Us alot!

1. Monkey Island

2. The Witcher

3. Batman: Arkham City/Asylum/etc. (I've only played City so far, but I hear the original is just as good.)

4. Half-Life, TF2, Counter-Strike (take your pick: 1.6, Source or GO), Portal etc.. Basically, Valve games.

5. Assassin's Creed, with caveats. I've only played II and Brotherhood. There's no functional Mac port of Revelations still, and I have no interest in III.

6. Bioshock

7. LEGO Star Wars