unfaa [sansapants]

Unfa

My friend (OddOstrich) and I found a railroad that seemed abandonned so we took some rails and decided to have some fun with it. Unfortunately, we redirected what seemed to be a long-distance transit into lava (oops lol).

We'd like to appeal the ban and have it undone so that we may resume our adventures without the rail shenanigans.

Sorry and thank you.

OddOstrich will have to make their own appeal.

Ban information:

Ban for unfaa on c.nerd.nu for rail grief on P, directed rail into lava pool nerd.nu/appeal by sansapants on 2013-11-09 10:39:47 (no more bans, no notes)

Please be patient and sansapants will be with you as soon as they can. If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

I appreciate your honesty and your apology.

You and OddOstrich griefed the rails to re-direct them into lava.

il438xOh.png

UcfztE7h.png

You even left a sign.

FmaIW5Rh.png

As a result of your actions, another player died in the lava, and irretrievably lost all the items they were carrying.

Due to the fact that you knew your actions were not permitted, and the severity of the consequences of your actions, I am setting your ban length at 1 week from today. You are invited to reappeal on Nov 16th to be un-banned.

-sansapants

I did. At the moment, I thought it was hysterical but that's just my sense of humor I suppose. I'll know better next time :)

We'd like to play tonight though, is there anything else you can do? We have some diamonds we could use to jumpstart the dead player's inventory. Enough to make a pick, a sword and some armor like a chest piece and a helm or something.

We'd like to play tonight though, is there anything else you can do?

In this case, there is nothing else you or I can do. The punitive nature of bans requires that one endures the entire ban. Both the fact that you thought your actions where "hysterical" in the moment, and your contrition after you were caught, have been taken into account. And while your offer of reparations to the injured player is noble, such actions can not serve to reduce your ban length.

-sansapants

It's just unfair for everyone. For me and my friend because we can't play and for the other person because we can replace his stuff.

I understand that this is a punishment but what good is a punishment if the person can't  come back to help and build the world and hopefully make amends?

I think a warning would have sufficed and a ban is unfair.

This being said, I wish you a good evening.

Edited by Unfa