Training moderators to help examine combat logging

DoctorManta

Heya guys!

So right now I've been finding that it really is a shame that while I'm doing modreqs that I have to elevate a good amount of these reqs for combat logging because right now there is nothing the moderators can really do to check these and I also know that it's a very careful area that is better handled by the admins but I feel like this would also be very time consuming for the admins to be handling.

I'd love to see a way to implement abilities and ways for moderators to be able to check up on combat logging and also offer training that can be taught to one moderator then passed around from there to better handle these types of requests as I can see it can be a very finkly thing and that it should be taken pretty lenient. But I could see it being a bigger help in the long run too if we can work out a way to do this.

Anyway, thanks!

DrM

• Upvote 2

I wrote an extensive guide on how to moderate combat logging on the old forums, a bit under two months ago.  Please let me know if you have any questions with what's listed there!

http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/19152/a-guide-to-pvp-logging-moderation

(It would be good to compile a list of links to "useful posts" from the old forums and make sure they're readily accessible here. For example, I know totemo wrote a really nice guide to xray moderation over there, that I tried to emulate with the logging stuff.)