Forum search bar

Darkelmo

This may have already been adressed but I find the search bar on both this forum and less so the archive forum utterly useless. There are just some names I can type in that detect nothing. And the filters are set to find the appropriate thing. I attempted to search up a player with their name exactly as it has been stated on their ban appeal and other topics where their name has been mentioned and i get no results for comments or topics. The only thing I can get is if I search under users.

I don't understand whether it is broken for me or if it is just really crap quality search coding.

Not to critisize you guys, I know that there is alot to ur work more important than my search bar issues but if you could check it out, that'd be quite nice!

Thanks, darkelmo

Darkelmo,  are you using just the search bar or are you using the search form too? (the search form is the little gear thing next to the search bar)

And yes, we know that the search on the old forums sucks.  It was part of the reason we switched to these new forums.

Darkelmo,  are you using just the search bar or are you using the search form too? (the search form is the little gear thing next to the search bar)

And yes, we know that the search on the old forums sucks.  It was part of the reason we switched to these new forums.

It sounds like he is saying the old forum's search is better than the new one, and I have experienced that, too.

The new search bar gets the job done for me