[PMC] NCP Mega thread!

jcll

Can't remember if this command was associated with npc but, is there a way we can get the command /trust back?

It would be useful to ignore the warnings from legit players that are digging sand or building with furnaces and set off warnings.

Can't remember if this command was associated with npc but, is there a way we can get the command /trust back?

It would be useful to ignore the warnings from legit players that are digging sand or building with furnaces and set off warnings.

I think that was part of MCcondom. Not NCP

NCP signals violations on efficient iron tools.  That makes it spammy for moderators and incredibly frustrating for players who are just trying to dig.

On the subject of spamminess: NCP spams chat with utterly pointless VL 0 and VL 1 warnings with a frequency way beyond what we would tolerate from players.  What does violation level 0 mean anyway? "Oh hey, I just wanted to let you know that nothing is wrong." 40 times a minute.  Yeah, I get that the violation level is probably a float floored to an integer, but still I've never seen a low VL like that be anything more than a false positive.  If you could set the minimum chat spam violation level to be higher, I think it would be a great improvement.  :smile:

Recently ran across a speed-hacker on C who was speedhacking successfully; I would TP to him, he was out of vision range in less than a second (Short vision range, admittedly).  He wasn't griefing fortunately, only cruising through 8bit, but he was setting off enourmous CreativeFly alerts.  I was under the impression that NCP was supposed block as well as report such behavior.  I haven't noticed any similar problems with Frequency or Speed, so it's not a pressing issue, at least on C.

Recently ran across a speed-hacker on C who was speedhacking successfully; I would TP to him, he was out of vision range in less than a second (Short vision range, admittedly).  He wasn't griefing fortunately, only cruising through 8bit, but he was setting off enourmous CreativeFly alerts.  I was under the impression that NCP was supposed block as well as report such behavior.  I haven't noticed any similar problems with Frequency or Speed, so it's not a pressing issue, at least on C.

Not sure if jcll tuned ncp on C or not however, Just "/kick (playername) go get rid of your hacks"... Remember, speed hacks (along with others) are banned on all servers and are banable if they continue, regardless if they were griefing or not.

FYI on s we are getting too much NCP output, currently  I'm getting a "failed Visible: interacts with a block out of sight. VL 11." while trying to place slabs for a column and it keeps blocking my block placement on seemingly random spots.

Guest Former Staff

While attempting to consume a stack of milk buckets on creative, the following warning appears:

NCP: Barlimore failed FastConsume: consumes MILK_BUCKET inconsistent(null) too fast. VL

Please, no milk jokes.

While attempting to consume a stack of milk buckets on creative, the following warning appears:

NCP: Barlimore failed FastConsume: consumes MILK_BUCKET inconsistent(null) too fast. VL

Please, no milk jokes.

Just wondering, if since milk buckets arent normally stackable, maybe the issue is because they are stacked?

Having a lot of issues with players using stone tools throwing off FastBreak warnings like so. I was mining quartz ore with an efficiency IV stone pickaxe, but the speed I was mining them was of very little difference compared to the iron pick I had on me, and that one didn't throw off any warnings when I used it. Happened on almost every deposit I attempted to mine, and it similarly happened to the player who I stole the pick from when he was mining coal ore in my base, so it's certainly something with the tool and not the ore/individual player.