Survival Chaos Poll

Mrloud15

34 members have voted

1. 1. What should Survival do?

• Keep the current chaos map
    • Start a new round of chaos using an old map, but staying on 1.7

First let me say that we are sorry about this situation.

Going by the results of the poll , we will not be doing a 1.6 rev. We will keep 1.7 chaos until we can start a 1.7 rev.

The two most chosen options of the last poll where to keep the current chaos map and to start a new round of chaos using an old map. I have started a new poll with only these options, and it will stay open for 48 hours.

Please also comment with what map you would like to see if the second option is chosen.

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't using an old revision's map defeat the purpose of playing in 1.7+ since newer features would be absent?

My motivations for wanting to stick with 1.7 over doing a new 1.6 revision include all of the content of 1.7 (new biomes, stained glass, etc..)

If we don't have 1.7 features, we might as well do another 1.6 revision, right?

He says in the original post that we will keep 1.7 chaos going; and the current poll is between the two most popular choices from the first poll, which are to either keep the current chaos map (essentially no change to current S state) or to start a 1.7 chaos 'revision' using an old map (the most popular option from the first poll.)

My question is directed to the more popular option, keeping 1.7 chaos going while using an old map; if we used an old map, we would not see any of the newer features.  (Unless, as I just thought of it now, we might get an unrestricted map size on an old map, so going out 5k+ blocks from spawn could find us new chunks with new biomes!)

So, yeah, just curious at what people think!

New features can only be enjoyed to a limited extent on chaos. Using an old map is fun because there's good material everywhere for PVP gear and whatnot, so they tend to be a lot about PVPing. It's also a good nostalgia-fest for people who played the revs being used, and those people also have a fun advantage of remembering big clan base/city locations.

You could always do both anyway. Keep chaos up after survival launches, take down the temp/fun map.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I didn't consider that we could loot all the old chests and stuff; that could be VERY interesting.  The more I think about it, the more I like the idea, as long as we can have an unrestricted map size so we can go set up new bases and find newer biomes and 1.6+ content.

In fact, it'd be interesting to take an old P map and use it as the basis.  All those rail lines, huge crazy builds, etc....  So many things to destroy!

Edited by anshou

I'd love to do a new map not on amplified! God dangit guys, I hate amplified, except that it provides great protection and mobs rarely spawn, but thats not the point of survival.

Wait, so you're saying that you wouldn't want great protection against someone attacking you on a survival server? Also, I was thinking that pvp is more important than pve on a survival server. So why wouldn't you want amplified terrain again?

• Upvote 1

I'm actually not sure about amplified, as much as it is fun to explore the amount of times you die from the terrain instead of by someone's sword is kind of annoying. Not a big problem imo though just we could test the normal types of terrain and see which one seems the most fun.

Amplified is fun at first but you get real sick of it, real soon. It's not so bad on chaos, but during a typical S rev, it'd have so many downsides. The beginning of rev rush for land would be a mess. Not to mention everyone accidentally tard-towering on each other's land just to get around. It's really pretty, but it's just not practical.

I've heard most people who've been playing on chaos suggest maybe having the main center of the map normally generated, with the edges being amplified? For those who want to challenge themselves. Would that be possible? 

• Upvote 3