[PMC] Post ideas for events here

buzzinbee

This is mainly for creative however the other servers may find it useful even to just have some ideas laid down for future events. Basically creative is incredibly low on players just now, this could be due to still being 1.6 however I still think that once we update we will still have low numbers. So I would like to get a few ideas put into a thread that we could possibly implement some time soon to attract more people to creative and generally make it more interesting for people. I'll start off with some ideas such as having proper spleef tournaments with prizes for winning teams, possibly running frequent build contests and having a few more mini scavenger hunts or parkour races with minor prizes. It would be much appreciated if you have any suggestions or queries with any suggestions brought up to comment in this thread with them. Thanks for your time. :)

Class-based combat could be fun to try out, in a ctf event or a free-for-all open world kind of thing.

If we did something with the C25 Storyline, that might be interesting too.

Then again, something like the floating islands build event could be really fun, we'd just need to tweak it a bit. Perhaps another plot based event, focused on anything to do with the past few years of Nerd?

Perhaps another plot based event, focused on anything to do with the past few years of Nerd?

I think it would be cool to make a plot based event maybe based on some of the hidden rooms we have had in creative such as the many times creative have had hidden rockets to launch like the one in the tree this rev and the one in verros' old spawn.

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the timed 10-minute build contest on C a while back where we had 10 minutes to build to a theme. I'd love to do one of those again.

I hosted the original one, looking into getting another one set up for some time over the holidays, looking for help if anyone is interested.

Additionally it might be fun to have another contest where we make large blocks of a stone and the players have to make the coolest thing by just breaking the blocks not adding anything to them.

An Ice Scuplture event? I like. A lot. But, I've got a better one.

Remember the last plot-based one on X? The floating islands one? Follow me on this:

We set up plots with a 65ish radius on X. We create randomized teams of 3-4. Each team has at least one person from each server (what determines who's from which server will be their usage position on the respective servers). Their goal is to create a lobby area fit for everyone.

Rough around the edges, but certainly doable. Would be fun to see what everyone could bring to the table.

• Upvote 1

An Ice Scuplture event? I like. A lot. But, I've got a better one.

Remember the last plot-based one on X? The floating islands one? Follow me on this:

We set up plots with a 65ish radius on X. We create randomized teams of 3-4. Each team has at least one person from each server (what determines who's from which server will be their usage position on the respective servers). Their goal is to create a lobby area fit for everyone.

Rough around the edges, but certainly doable. Would be fun to see what everyone could bring to the table.

That is actually a really nice idea! I like the idea of having it split so it will get players from all 3 servers to engage with each other potentially making server relations better! and also creating a lobby is a very rewarding thing if you win so people would try very hard to do well. +1 from me.

I would very much like to get spleef tournaments to be a big thing on creative, I remember several revisions ago we had them and they were pretty much the highlight of creative for a while. Personally I'd make a few rules such as you have to be in survival mode. Having said that it would be difficult to run on my own so if anyone else is interested I'd like to get quite a few people who are up for organising matches ect.