Unban Carver.

EeHee2000

While carver helped avo in general, he never helped them grief/hack/troll MCPublic. Ever.

Considering a head admin stated incorrectly that LRO wasn't forced out, I think the staff are still at a "fact finding" stage.

Specifics plz. What rules has carver broken since he was banned? What involvement has avo had with MCPublic in the past 2 years?

Guilt by association.

The lot of you seem to miss the fact that while some people participated in certain actions with certain parties, others merely associated with them. While I can't speak for all, I'm sure that the majority of the other staff members can see that there are differences between cases such as LRO's & Carver, and as such are being/have been treated as such.

Actions speak just as loudly, if not more than, words.

There may have been some kind of hysteria over AVO in the past at Nerd, but such mistakes caused by that are dealt with as they come up, with everything that's happened since that time taken into account.

And Carver, never spoken with you before, or had the opportunity to, but you must admit that at their peak & even now, the name of AVO didn't/doesn't spring to mind as a gaming community, but rather as a well known group of hackers/modders/however you'd like to put it, to those outside of their own community.

I do agree that actions speak louder than words.

What actions has carver done in game/mumble/irc that required a ban?

Hmm. I would like to also formally request an unban, as I have arguably negatively affected nerd in less capacity than Carver over the course of all time and have associated with the general aVo community in a much lesser capacity than Carver has over the course of the last year or two.

Kind regards.

• Upvote 2

Good luck with that Warchamp. While avo was actively attacking nerd, Carver was a moderator defending against griefers and hackers, while you set up raids and caused a huge amount of damage. After avo stopped attacking nerd, you got bored of them and moved on to other things, while Carver joined them and helped them turn from "griefing team" to "gaming forum".

I don't know whether you should be unbanned, but you certainly did a massive amount of damage while carver did almost none.

edit: my downvote on buzzin was accidental :/

Edited by barneygale
  • Upvote 4

Good luck with that Warchamp. While avo was actively attacking nerd, Carver was a moderator defending against griefers and hackers, while you set up raids and caused a huge amount of damage. After avo stopped attacking nerd, you got bored of them and moved on to other things, while Carver joined them and helped them turn from "griefing team" to "gaming forum".

I don't know whether you should be unbanned, but you certainly did a massive amount of damage while carver did almost none.

I can't help but to agree with this, but even so aVo stopped griefing a long time ago. They represent no threat, and obviously they ones still hoping to inflict harm have split up as you can see after a bit of lurking on their forum. I'm all for unbanning Carver, we should look into Warchamp's unban in another thread. I don't believe that either of them pose any harm, we're mainly sorting out how much of a threat they did pose, and how much of that they dealt out. (Oh, I fixed buzzin's downvote thingy.)

Edited by EeHee2000

Yup. You nailed it. Man, how do you know absolutely every detail about things that went on not involving you whatsoever 2 years ago. That's an impressive talent you got there.

Our forum and group never converted from one thing to another. We were a group of friends, and one day decided to record what we did for fun at the time. Turns out others enjoyed it. We made our forums public, and, get this, turns out the fans of us playing video games, like video games.

There's just so much dumb misinformation and exaggeration in this thread, it's mind numbing.

Carver, martyr of nerd, saviour of gaming, redeemer of griefers; bestow your blessing upon me, so that I too may be blindly defended from factual discussion by the uninformed masses.

p.s. I think I've been on nerd maybe twice in my life, so I've barely ever 'done damage' and just as carver, have only my association with the group to be judged.

Edited by Warchamp7
  • Upvote 1