Combat Tag Feedback Thread

Mrloud15

We added the Combat Tag plugin this rev to help with PvP logging. For those who don't know, this plugin will create a npc of a player with a copy of their inventory if they log out after being hit. If they log in before their npc is killed the player will take its place and receive any damage the npc received (you can't log out and in to kill yourself). If the npc is killed it will drop the player's inventory and the player will respawn at spawn next time they log in. We will be setting the tag time at 30 seconds. This means if you log out within 30 seconds of hitting or being hit by another player a npc will be created where you were standing. The npc will remain for 30 seconds before despawning.

Here are a few questions to help get the discussion started.

Do you think this helps with the issue of PvP logging?

Do you think it's effective?

Do you think the times are set correctly?

• Upvote 2

It's pretty flawless, really. Only one question: how does the player take the NPC's place when logging back in? Does the NPC forcibly die and drop all the items? Does the NPC simply despawn? Does the player respawn at their last location or the NPC's last location?

• 1 month later...

I think combat tag has been great. But, after an issue in the past few days and talks with friends and an admin about Combat logging and Pvp, I think that combat tag confuses players. When combat tag was added I was under the impression that if you were tagged by that plugin you were in combat and should not logout and if you were not tagged then you could log out. But I have been told that if you are in a potential Pvp situation then you should not log out. I understand this interpretation of the rules of combat but I feel as though combat tag makes combat seem black and white when as it has been explained to me, it's not. I agree that it is hard to be black and white because if someone does run away long enough to remove the timer but they are still in range of becoming in combat that them logging out shouldn't be allowed but I feel these types of rules need to be nailed down in some way shape or form. Whether that be a longer combat tag period and have the combat tag be the end all be all or make it a known rule that you should wait 30 seconds to a minute after coming out of combat tag before you log off.

I will be happy to discuss this with anyone willing to talk about these because I would love to help make Pvp more fun and fair for everyone.