[PMC] Can Mod's be given WE to run regularly scheduled 10-minute build contests on C?

MasterCommaThe

I'm considering volunteering my time to run a regularly scheduled 10-minute build contest league on C. How frequent it happens will depend a lot on how much prep work is required to run it. With WE copy and paste commands I could set it up 4 arenas to run in 15 minutes before the contest starts, without it I'm looking at possibly an hour or two of setup. The difference between these is running it weekly vs. bi-monthly for the time I'm willing to put in. Normally WE is Admin only, is there anyway we could modify our policy for moderators running events?

Hmm we often like to have copies of the winning builds. You could try to grab an admin either cadmin, tech or head admin at the time that is free to help out. But I'd like to hear the other admin's point of view on this before I make my choice, in-particular those staff members that were staff when mods had access to World Edit.

LadyCailin had previously offered to write something to be used on P that would instantly replenish a spleef field while subtracting the used number of leaves from a pre-determined chest - unsure how it was intended to be triggered (command, probably?).  The Padmins ultimately turned this down; however, it sounds like something similar can be done for the speed build contest?  As in, it sounds like it's possible to assign clearing of the building field/saving of the build to a command.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to stand in thr middle of the arena floor and do //lb rollback block leaves (or whatever you are using for the floor) area 20 (or however big your arena is) time 10 minutes.

This will roll back the arena floor.

• Upvote 1

You can do it with a WE selection made, too, so you can move around without worrying about the radius.

/lb rollback sel block leaves since 10m

And if you use the chat history through the up arrow, or copy the command to clipboard and repaste it, it's no harder than using WorldEdit.

My plan is not to delete completed arenas at all, only to create new ones based on a model. I'd plan to make a line of plots to copy, then pasta the selected length the correct number of times for the number of people present to participate. I'd only plan to have these powers while I'm one of the mods responsible for hosting regularly scheduled events. Of course the Admins could do this themselves, but my understanding is that they don't have the manpower or desire to run this event regularly on C. I'm hoping that by granting specific mods this power, we could tap into the larger population of moderators in order to run the event consistently.

To conserve space, arenas will be stacked vertically according to how many sessions the hosting moderator wants to run (I suggest there be 4 sessions an hour, and the length will depend on how frequently we host the events).