The Problem with Invisibility Potions

JKayani

So I personally use invisibility potions in minecraft pvp, and I found an annoying problem. If someone hits you once, you are seen, and if you hit someone, you are still again. Fire and lava already exposes you, so why not fix invisibility potions so they can be used to have fun? I would like invisibility potions to be normal, meaning if someone hits you once, you are still invisible, and the same thing if I were to hit someone.

The reason this is done is so that you can't go around invisible with a powerful diamond sword killing everyone without them really having a chance to attack back. Invisibility potions are fun to mess around with and if there was a solution to stop them unbalancing PvP then I'd love to have them returned back to Vanilla, but for now I think they should stay as they are.

• Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

The reason this is done is so that you can't go around invisible with a powerful diamond sword killing everyone without them really having a chance to attack back. Invisibility potions are fun to mess around with and if there was a solution to stop them unbalancing PvP then I'd love to have them returned back to Vanilla, but for now I think they should stay as they are.

People do that anyway, without invisibility. Very imbalanced even without potions. You're planting, and a good sneaker comes up behind you and you're not really gonna be able to attack back... Invisible spiders don't become visible when they are struck and neither do they become visible when they strike. There are ways to check for invisibilty, you just need to be more astute.

• 9 months later...

Hey Torn, I think I have a possible solution, sorry for being late about it lol. How about if someone hits you, you are STILL INVISIBLE, but say I hit someone trying to kill them, I AM THEN VISIBLE. Making this feature would be great since I would be able to get into bases without hurting anyone, and I would be invisible for the 8 total minutes. So going around with a powerful diamond sword will not be an issue.

Hey Torn, I think I have a possible solution, sorry for being late about it lol. How about if someone hits you, you are STILL INVISIBLE, but say I hit someone trying to kill them, I AM THEN VISIBLE. Making this feature would be great since I would be able to get into bases without hurting anyone, and I would be invisible for the 8 total minutes. So going around with a powerful diamond sword will not be an issue.

If you're invisible holding a sword they can still see the sword...