New Arena Debut on Survival

LadyRavenOwl

My maze arena will be holding tournaments this Wednesday (January 15th) at 8p CST!  No gear needed, this arena is a new style of PvP filled with traps and danger (wouldn't want you to trash your pretty diamond armor on arrows etc.).   As a result, gear and weapons (and food!) will be supplied for you to choose from.  However, if you all decide you want to risk trashing your armor I will consider letting you bring your pretty diamond suits into the arena.

The arena supports 1v1, 2v2, and a version of FFA.  Get your mates together as there is teamwork encouraged in certain parts!

There will be warp signs up in spawn, active on the night of the arena.  Winners of each match will be given pre-approved prizes by LadyRavenOwl.

Don't be late though!  It's gonna start 8p CST on the dot!

• Upvote 5

After talking to Dray about this, I think we're going to set one up in both locations for you guys.  That way it can be easy for all of you, please be advised though, using this sign for the purpose of combat avoidance will not be tolerated.

Let me clear it with an S admin first to be sure though.  <3

• Upvote 1

After talking to Dray about this, I think we're going to set one up in both locations for you guys.  That way it can be easy for all of you, please be advised though, using this sign for the purpose of combat avoidance will not be tolerated.

Thank you very much :)

• Upvote 1

Slightly off topic but could there be a sign placed at the base of spawn for King of the Void?

• Upvote 1

Getting back to your question about the signs being set up:

I have gotten the approval for a sign to be set up for the arena both in spawn and at the base of spawn.  However, as stated previously, using the sign at the base of spawn to avoid combat or abuse of it in any way, will not be tolerated.

Thanks for the suggestion, Hundreds. There is now a warp sign to KOTV at the bottom of spawn, on the notice board area that was previously empty. There will also be one added for the arena event.

Expanding upon LadyRavenOwl's previous statement, warp sign actions are written to the logs, so we can very definitely track abuse of them to avoid PvP. So hopefully having them there won't be an issue.

• Upvote 1

Correct me if im wrong but is there not a way to put a delay on warps.  For instance if you wanted to warp you would have to stand still for 10 seconds without getting in combat or moving.  You could just give everyone the permission to use /warp and make the warp time something ridiculously long like 60 seconds before they get warped that way players that wanted to attend these events like KOTV and this Arena wouldnt have to run unarmored to spawn to click on a sign and hope they dont get attacked along the way. This IMO would fix both problems and would allow players that live far from spawn the ability to join these events without having to travel far distances.

No, there is not a way to put a delay on warps. (At least, not without extensive additions to the sign plugin.) Allowing /warp wouldn't work either, for numerous reasons, one being that there are plenty of warp points that should not be public. (For example: it's not uncommon to set warp points to, say, the control box in an arena, to make it easier to manage the event.)

I do have good news, though: The usual /spawnme command will work for the event. Tharine pointed out in the subreddit that it should be easy to reset its target temporarily, so I checked up on the CH script that runs it. So I'll get that set up later.