Lobby Design Contest

slide

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys :D I'm finishing up the voting page now and hope it should be done late tomorrow night or sometime Monday, There were lots of very great entries! Oh I'm sure we will do it again, definitely want to allow different types of entries next time (though that will be a while away)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, voting on the contest has started. 

Visit http://nerd.nu/lobby/vote/ to cast your ballot. You must be logged into the forums in order to vote. Voting ends on 2/26/14 at 5PM GMT -6.

Official reddit post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mcpublic/comments/1ymq5h/lobby_design_contest_vote_ends_226_5pm_gmt6/

A Couple people on the subreddit mentioned this, but given how good many of the lobbies are, would you consider setting up a rotation of the top 5 or so lobbies?  It'd almost be a waste to only do one and not show off the talent of our players.

A Couple people on the subreddit mentioned this, but given how good many of the lobbies are, would you consider setting up a rotation of the top 5 or so lobbies?  It'd almost be a waste to only do one and not show off the talent of our players.

It could get confusing for players if the hub is always changing. I don't know how possible it'd be to do this from a tech point of view, either. We could change the hub world every 3 or so months but having different maps any more frequent than that wouldn't be a good idea imo. It's great that there were so many good entries, but that's the point of a competition, to decide the best.

It could get confusing for players if the hub is always changing. I don't know how possible it'd be to do this from a tech point of view, either. We could change the hub world every 3 or so months but having different maps any more frequent than that wouldn't be a good idea imo. It's great that there were so many good entries, but that's the point of a competition, to decide the best.

Good point about the confusion.  It would for sure have to be a couple weeks for each lobby design if it was even possible to cycle out lobbies.  I assume it wouldn't be too hard.  Honestly you could just have all the lobbies you want to cycle on a single map, define custom areas for each one, and change the spawn point whenever you want to cycle.