Possible problem with edge-of-world /tp on P?

sansapants

I've heard about this issue twice; once in modreq #5572, and another time from chat messages.

It appears that some players, when they reach the edge of the world and attempt to go past +/- 2000, are teleported back to spawn and not to a location a few blocks from where they attempted to enter the Forbidden Zone.

Is a teleport to spawn when reaching the edge of the world an intended action?

This happened in the End one rev; a player actually approached me asking about it because the End spawn (not the obsidian platform) turned out to be above a trench that was being dug down to the void.  After doing some testing with ludeman we deduced that it was due to the plugin, though we admitted it was something we rarely saw it do.

I remember seeing a gravel pillar on S near the world border and thought it was just some griefer trying to be funny; it was only after speaking with the residents nearby that I found out it was intentionally built as a quick way back to spawn.

I know a few revs ago this glitch(feature?) was used to make an elevator in the nether to get up above bedrock and back down as well as warp back to 0,0. It involved several pillars from bedrock to build limit with strategic gaps in the pillar or in the case of the warp back to spawn, no gaps whatsoever.

Teleporting a player to spawn is the last resort for the plugin, and it will only do it if teleporting the player back x blocks will kill the player on all y levels. 

That's exactly what's happening, I looked it up and the plugin does do this when it isn't possible at all to teleport the player back. It also can't be disabled in configs from looking at it, as people would be dying unfairly and loosing all their items when it teleports them back to an area of death

Edited by coolgamerovr90