[PMC] PvE Rev 13 Spawn

kitcatbar

Hey everyone!

So it’s time to prep for a new rev. And to start off, no we do not have a set date yet for when it will start. I want to be prepared for when we do have a date, and have plenty of time to give spawn its final touches. I’d also like other staff members to be able to contribute to spawn if they’d like, which is the point of this thread. The plan is to have people claim rooms to decorate. I’d like them to make sense in the context of the building (by that I mean not using decorations you’d find in a log cabin since that would be out of place), but other than that what you make is up to you.

The outside of spawn is a replica of the Nikolsky Cathedral in St. Petersburg, Russia. The inside is my own design, since I wasn’t too fond of the interior of the real building. I got approval from the suite architecture student, so don’t fear. The changes are structurally sound. There are 40 rooms total on the first and second floors. If you want more space for a room, talk to me and I can probably knock a wall down. This and this are typical rooms. There are also 4 outer towers that I don't currently have a way up to yet. The first and second floors are just about identical. Once above the second floor, there’s a lot more freedom. If you want hidden rooms requiring redstone, this is a good option for you. That being said, please don’t make redstone devices that are too complicated. We’ve had FPS crippling spawns before and I want to avoid that. Also, if you build by a window but choose not to include it, leave some space for a false room. I want it to look normal lighting wise and from those pearling around.

I've made a diagram of the first and second floors, since they're the most clearly defined work spaces. Please list the number of the room you want to claim. See update below. If you're working on the third floor or another space not listed, just say your name and the general area you're working in. If you have multiple people working on a room, listing one name is fine. I just want it to see what rooms are claimed and who to contact if there are any questions about a space. Also, please leave a sign ingame in your space so people won't accidentally build in a claimed space if they're not updated on this thread. I’ll start updating my post as more people add their names to make it clear what’s available and what isn’t.

G7qqq7Y.png
Since we have 12 revs behind us and this spawn is easily broken into 4 sections, I had the idea of having tributes to the past revs. I think the second floor would be the best space for it. Each quadrant could have 3 rev rooms. I'm thinking either have the inner 3 rooms (for example S2, S3, and S4 for the NW) as the rev rooms, with the outside rooms (S1 and S5) as unrelated rooms. Another option is to have the entire floor for a rev museum, in which case I could knock down the walls separating the hallway rooms (connecting S1 with S2 and S4 with S5) to have 12 rooms total on the floor. That means 4 revs get less space, but it might be better than having 8 unrelated rooms on the museum floor. I'd love to hear feedback on this, and have help making the rooms. I was picturing stained glass windows in the center of the room (almost like a display case, so it would have a base but would be flat) depicting that rev's spawn, but I know there's a lot more we could do. For example, for rev 8 we could have large trees growing out of the corners of the room.

Besides the museum, other room ideas are libraries, music rooms, some kind of conference room, and indoor gardens. Farms are also needed, and would probably be best if on the first floor. Since there's such a huge amount of rooms, having the rooms closest to the entrances on the first floor all be farms should be good. Lets stick to just melon again, so we don't have to worry about people replanting.

Dibs on lever shrine.

To connect, type /server test. It won't announce that you've switched to the server in chat, so don't worry about letting the secret slip that way. Slide says he's eventually going to change it to /server pve-dev, so if test doesn't work try that. The server is whitelisted, so enter your name in here to be added to it. At the moment I think techs and padmins are the only ones who can add to the whitelist. Once on, contact one of use so we can put you in creative mode. Slide's working on getting mods creative and World Edit perms, but until the permissions are set up we'll just be using /mode.

Everything in this thread is to stay here. That includes information and pictures. Don’t even mention to others that the new spawn is being worked on, because it’s just going to start a flurry of rumors that the rev is ending. Rev 12 still has some life in it.

Rooms Taken: Only F14 left on first floor

F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F9 (Trooprm32)

F8 (razgrizMC)

F12 (Diamond_Lover123)

F13 (TheAcademician)

F16 (buzzie71)

F11 F15 (tompreuss)

F1 F7 F10 F17 F18 F19 F20 (kitcatbar)

Rev Rooms Taken: All rooms taken

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Trooprm32

8 kitcatbar (I'm not sure who made 8, but if you're around and want to work on me just let me know. I have plans but can give it up)

9 CROCKODUCK

10 Denevien

11 buzzie71

12 tompreuss

Updates:

On second thought, claim rooms in game. This is just so people don't claim rooms then forget about them. Claim once you've actually started work.

• Upvote 3

tjVqp3p.png

I'm going to propose this layout for the second floor; tell me what you think.

Thanks for updating this, since I did change the walls to be like this yesterday. However, can I ask the reasoning for the layout? Initially I was just thinking to start at 1, loop around, until it's at 12. I

Thanks for updating this, since I did change the walls to be like this yesterday. However, can I ask the reasoning for the layout? Initially I was just thinking to start at 1, loop around, until it's at 12. I

Sorry for not elaborating! I was on my way out while doing this. 1, 4, 5, 6 I chose to take the smaller rooms due to them being the most bland/ small spawns on P.

You callin' my spawns bland, son? >:(

Heh. I'd like to point out that the rev 4 spawn pictured here was the temporary spawn that was created after the map corrupted. The original was some nice balloons in the sky with a water drop, along with some TNT storage on the ground.

Sorry I ended up doing f2 and a couple others before seeing your post Crock :S

This is why I edited the post to say only claim rooms once you've started work on them. Only exception I've made so far is Den claiming rev 10, since it was his build after all. I just really want to avoid people claiming rooms then doing nothing with them.