A New Form Of PVE Travel

Difficult1

Glad to hear MM is in! What im planning to do is to branch off North, East, South, And West from Rose City (capital of the south :P). Most of the canals will be in the SOUTH of the map. If anyone wants there town to be connected fast then I strongly suggest settling southwards. Connections to towns will branch off the main canals centered in Rose.

• Upvote 1

Have you guys decided on a Y level for your canals and will they stay at that Y level throughout the server or will they move around?

The reason I ask is due to CARBON planning to be at Y60 for redstone and Y70 for rails.  These Y levels for CARBON are only for the 4 cardinal lines off of spawn and the 600 loop, so if you are going to be outside of the 600 loop then it might not be a big problem.   If you do plan to be around those Y-levels and If you want to, I could work with you on C to figure out a way to design a CARBON/Canal intersection.

I've actually been involved in making a couple boat racing tracks, and going up/down isn't much of a problem if you do the water right, you don't even necessarily need locks. Apparently it doesn't work with flowing water anymore, but boats will still float to the top of a river if it's made of source blocks.

• Upvote 1

I've actually been involved in making a couple boat racing tracks, and going up/down isn't much of a problem if you do the water right, you don't even necessarily need locks. Apparently it doesn't work with flowing water anymore, but boats will still float to the top of a river if it's made of source blocks.

The issue with that is source blocks 1 deep on a hill doesn't allow full speed rising. If you hit something like that at full speed then your boat is broke.

You can make it more than 1 deep, put down blocks, water, delete blocks, more water. Rinse and repeat (ehehe pun).

The one deep is for keeping the canal horse friendly. Riders are bound to fall into it, so need to make sure they can get back up.

The one deep is for keeping the canal horse friendly. Riders are bound to fall into it, so need to make sure they can get back up.

You can't make a canal lock one deep because then you have no elevation.

The rest of the canal is 1 1/2 deep so horse can cross with ease.