[AC] Steam

Denevien

There has been some questions about getting the steam group up and running again. Looking at it, it looks like something we could do. Here is a picture of the control panel you can use to set up each groups perms: http://imgur.com/MkYEu3d. This is the ideal set up of groups that I'd like to use (not our current set up). Mods would be mods on our staff, and Officers would be admins. No one is required to be set up on perms here, but can if they'd like.

I'd like to also remove power from those who are no longer on staff. I'd like everyone's thoughts on this one.

The event perm was left as officer only, because it wouldn't be the one we want to use. Ideally, we'd just use announcements, because it will pop up a message on their comp, similar to having a friend join a game. It goes away without any interaction, unlike the event that requires you to click OK to dismiss it. I'd suggest using the forum on steam to set up games, and anyone is welcome to grab any online mod to announce their game when it is starting. That will allow people to see that it is happening and allow people to join. Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

I'd like to also remove power from those who are no longer on staff. I'd like everyone's thoughts on this one.

Yeah, this is a good idea.

The event perm was left as officer only, because it wouldn't be the one we want to use. Ideally, we'd just use announcements, because it will pop up a message on their comp, similar to having a friend join a game. It goes away without any interaction, unlike the event that requires you to click OK to dismiss it. I'd suggest using the forum on steam to set up games, and anyone is welcome to grab any online mod to announce their game when it is starting. That will allow people to see that it is happening and allow people to join. Thoughts?

Sounds fine to me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...