C connection troubles?

GMMan

For the past couple of days it seems batches of people are getting randomly disconnected from the server. Connecting through other servers and then transferring to C is fine. Apparently whatever is bound to the port is being unresponsive while the server itself is fine.

We had something similar happen late at night on PvE a day or two ago, about 5-6 people got disconnected for no apparent reason while everyone else was fine.

Edit: Not sure if this is related but during one of the restarts on PvE tonight several people including myself got this message when the server restarted instead of being moved back to the lobby: "[Proxy]Lost connection to server."

Edited by SwitchViewz

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is because of our never ending DDoS saga. Last night we got reports of a bunch of people getting disconnected and specifically looked this morning and it was in fact a DDoS. The fact that people are staying connected at all just shows that our protection is working. Next time this happens, note down the exact time and if you can, who else was effected. Thanks!

Yea, it was happening periodically late last night(/really early morning, and I'm Mountain Time). Went strong, cleared up and then went strong again, but not as much as the first time.

I had more success staying on if I just kept doing things instead of stopping all action like I'd usually do, maybe that'll point to something.

Yea we had a 1.5 hour sustained DDoS attack. Unfortunately there is very little we can do about these =\ I have no idea who seems to have it out for us. Basically any time everyone is getting disconnected a bunch or we are offline, it is almost surely a DDoS. The only thing I can say to do is just to try to ignore it and have fun when we can play. It usually doesn't last too too long and they probably get off on people complaining.