[PMC] Helping keep everyone in the loop -> to-do lists

thrawn21

Hey there guys, now that finals have released me from their vile clutches, I want to get up and going on a few things!

Tebok's post with irc logs shows some of the discussion that went on tonight, and one of the things talked about was how we can better communication and help keep everyone in the loop between players, mods and admins. There's often a disconnect when player/mod Y comes to admin X and says "I've got Z problem," and then that problem gets discussed in the admin-o-sphere, but people outside it don't know that, and so it feels like there's nothing being done about it, no discussion going on at all (when that's not true). 

One way I see of combating that is by having some sort of working list of current projects/discussions, so that at least people are aware of what things are currently on the table, and who they can contact if they have questions/input. Perhaps have one for admins -> mods and staff -> community? 

I don't know what would be the best venue for this would be, or if we have something that we can use in the forums, but here's a link to a quick little google doc of my to-do list. Obviously please don't share that link outside of mods, as it's got 6K info in it, and let me know what you all think about some sort of official to-do list.   :happy:

Edited by Barlimore
Redacted URL.

Is there a centralized to-do list for tech admins? I know we used to have one on the wiki, iirc, but haven't seen one around in the recent past. This is great for making sure someone has talked to a tech about a certain problem, and avoiding spamming techs about something already identified.

Is there a centralized to-do list for tech admins? I know we used to have one on the wiki, iirc, but haven't seen one around in the recent past. This is great for making sure someone has talked to a tech about a certain problem, and avoiding spamming techs about something already identified.

I know in irc the techs have something that reminds them of current issues, but the name is slipping me atm, and I know for the updates they have the spreadsheet. 

Guest Former Staff

Expanding from your idea John, it would be nice if there were such a list where anyone could take on a task to help out. Especially given how busy some people are at any given time.

• 4 weeks later...