andrew4210 [redwall_hp]

Andromeda4210

Ban information:

Ban for andrew4210 on c.nerd.nu for Created racist clanchat nerd.nu/appeal by redwall_hp on 2014-02-19 15:30:58 (1 more bans, 1 notes)

Please be patient and redwall_hp will be with you as soon as they can. If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

As you're aware, you were banned this time for creating a clanchat with an offensive name that blatantly violates our rules against racism and hate speech.

2014-02-19 10:38:37 | CH: Running original command on player Andrew4210 ----> /clanchat create kuklux

2014-02-19 10:38:51 | CH: Running original command on player Andrew4210 ----> /clanchat color kuklux white

2014-02-19 10:38:56 | CH: Running original command on player Andrew4210 ----> /c hee

2014-02-19 10:39:07 | CH: Running original command on player Andrew4210 ----> /clanchat invite kuklux [REDACTED]

2014-02-19 10:39:30 | <DOGE.Andrew4210> c wat I did there [REDACTED]?

2014-02-19 10:39:44 | <DOGE.Andrew4210> :P

2014-02-19 10:40:05 | CH: Running original command on player Andrew4210 ----> /clanchat invite kuklux [REDACTED]

2014-02-19 10:40:25 | <DOGE.Andrew4210> lul

2014-02-19 10:40:52 | <DOGE.Andrew4210> offensive=funny

While you say you "won't do it again," you have a very clear history of this sort of behavior. You were recently banned from Mumble for repeatedly posting unsolicited NSFW pictures and harassing a member of the staff who you have some sort of vendetta against, and there was also a recent incident where you and some associates mass-downvoted every forum post another player made. In the case of the Mumble ban appeal, you were rather belligerent and disrespectful. This constitues a clear pattern of disruptive behavior.

I'd like to hear your reasoning for why you should be unbanned. Given your history, why should I believe that you won't go back to posting offensive things and harassing other players the minute you're unbanned?

I'm not going to lie and admit that you're right, I do have a history of nefarious activity. On the topic of the issue with that player which I am believed to have a vendetta against, I was using the situation to hope to incite discussion on a somewhat related/ maybe not even related at all at this point (unsure) which will be done peacefully, and in a mumble meeting which I hope to have the privilege of attending.

On that topic I may have appeared belligerent and disrespectful, maybe I was, but I felt strongly that the mods weren't fully understanding the situation, so I wished to inform them of what the possibly missed, which I now believe my enthusiastic nature might have been viewed this, which I regret having expressed the information how I did. 

The reason I wish to be unbanned is that I believe that I am a contributing member to the nerd.nu community. I admit I did wrong in the issue with that player, but I felt as though it tied in an issue with moderation that I was advocating for, and willing at the time to become a martyr for, even though now I view what I did as unacceptable. I believe that I am a contributing member because outside of all the drama associated with (which I plan to change) I built and helped with many builds in the creative community for one and a half years.

I chose deliberately to appeal this day instead of as soon as I was banned, because I wanted to recollect on what I did, to think about it,learn how I can better myself, and felt as though I didn't deserve to be part of nerd for a while because of my actions. After my recent birthday, I decided that now I am at an adult age, I ought to act more like one, and cease posting offensive things and harassing individuals. Lastly I would like to state that I agree with you that what I did was wrong, but I never meant malice in my actions, though I'm sure there are individuals who have painted me as a boogey-man to other players by now (I think I know the culprits)  I merely did what I did at the time for its comedic value, not to hurt other people, I would like you to know that I know now is unacceptable, and that I will change if given the opportunity.

Edited by Andrew4210