A compilation of information about a small land dispute. (Note: Boring; don't read if you're not involved)

Elephant Parade

(Note: this isn't really interesting, so I wouldn't bother reading it if you're not involved. I couldn't figure out what the best medium for this was, but I'm pretty sure most admins are active on the forums.)

This is an attempt to store all of the things I've found out about the tower that was built on my land, since explaining it all ingame would require either /msg-ing a mod or a ton of /modreqs.

Last Friday (the 28th) I logged back in to find that a few people had built a gigantic wooden tower on my property.

Either on Friday or Saturday (I'm rather bad at remembering times, sorry) I made a /modreq, /mail'd them, and put up a sign asking them to /mail me. Though I think my ownership of the land was reasonably obvious, it is true that my wall didn't quite strech around the land, though I did have a small base with a few other people. A mod checked things out and said they would bring it to the attention of an admin, since they've done a fairly large amount of building.

(Note: the giant stone tower was built by one of my clan members after the fact. It wasn't there before. I'm trying to avoid building anything or working on the walls, since I think it's best for things to remain as they were.)

I logged in today to find that they hadn't responded to my mail, and had taken down both my sign and the sign saying who built the tower. In addition, using the /seen command showed that while one (richcheese) hadn't been active since Friday (probably before I logged in) one had been active early Sunday. I'm certain that I sent richcheese mail, and I believe I sent the other person mail as well. I'm not 100% sure that I sent the second person mail, however.

I talked with a member of my clan (mudgut), and they said that they had met one of the builders. According to them, the builder was rather irriated, but they left (?). However, others may have taken up residence of the tower.

I am unsure who is at fault here. While it is true that I should've finished my walls, I think it was pretty clear that I was using the land, and they should've looked around a bit more before starting such a huge construction project. However, it is possible that they figured somebody would've interrupted them if the land wasn't abandoned, and assumed that nobody was interested in it. Unfortunately, I was absent from early Monday to Friday evening (visiting a relative with poor internet), and I am unsure of when I logged on previous to that.

I have attempted to keep a mostly objective viewpoint, but this post may contain bias; if so, I apologize. I suggest that you talk to the owners of the tower to get their point of view; I know richcheese was on the sign, and some other people are named inside the tower.

I hope that we can sort this all out.

I understand the desire to take this out of in game chat since the short character limit is irritating, but this seems better suited for a PM with the server admins. Which server is this on? Based off what you said, my guess was that is this is on survival. If that's the case, you'll want to go to the messenger and contact Mrloud15, Mumberthrax, and redwallhp. If I'm wrong and this is on P, contact buzzie71, tompreuss, and me and we'll help you out.

I understand the desire to take this out of in game chat since the short character limit is irritating, but this seems better suited for a PM with the server admins. Which server is this on? Based off what you said, my guess was that is this is on survival. If that's the case, you'll want to go to the messenger and contact Mrloud15, Mumberthrax, and redwallhp. If I'm wrong and this is on P, contact buzzie71, tompreuss, and me and we'll help you out.

It's on survival. I already /modreq'd the problem; this was intended to be an explanation of exactly what was going on so that the person handling it could get an explanation even if I wasn't online. I was planning to /modreq the url so that whoever was handling the /modreq could see it, but it wouldn't fit the character limit.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll /msg one of them.