Animal grief modreqs on P

tompreuss

Greetings!

For those of you that enjoy handling the wonderful variety of exciting moderator requests on P, I have some joyous news!

You can now (officially have the approval of the padmins to) handle animal grief modreqs!

As many of you likely know, I've been doing these types of reqs and teaching you all how to do these types of reqs for... about five months now.  I know plenty of you have been doing them as well, and I know just as many have been /elevating them instead, and both of those groups are perfectly 100% okay for doing what they've been doing.  There was a slight bit of miscommunication (or non-communication) regarding the switch from the old time-consuming-admin-only-digging-through-console-logs-for-mob-grief-info to the accessible to all mods /lb kills method (thanks slide!) and how the latter could be used to handle animal grief reqs.

But no longer do you have to /elevate them, you can handle them like any grief req.  Meaning: take into consideration the things you'd normally consider for grief on P, including but not limited to the newness of the player, the amount of kills, the obviousness of the animal farm/pen, any other grief the player may have done, and if you can infer any malicious intent in regards to their actions.  In almost every case if you're replacing a mob (giving away something for free) you'll be wanting to have warned someone, and/or added a note for someone, or banned someone.

/lb kills fits seamlessly into the /lb syntax you're familiar with, usually a quick region select of the animal pen corners with a shovel and something like "/lb kills sel" or "/lb kills sel sum p" (with various time parameters if necessary) will get you on the right track for what's been done by whom, and then something like "/lb kills sel player playername" and/or "/lb kills sel player playername sum p" should work in most cases.  There's also two extra params for /lb kills, victim and killer, which work just like you'd think. (for instance you can add "victim cow" to limit things to just cows).  Play around with them next time you see a req come through, even if someone else is handling it, there's no accidental rollbacks or redos possible so have at it with testing.

But just like any grief req, they're all going to be different and the many nuances are hard to explain in a paragraph, so please please please:

As always if there's something you don't feel comfortable doing or just don't want to do feel free to leave it for another mod or to ask anyone in /mb with experience handling that kind of thing for help.  Personally, if I'm on, I'm always willing to help and I'm always excited to educate people on new things and I'll always be in mumble if you're more comfortable talking there.

Much <3

Tom and those other guys

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...