Survival Server General Meeting. Please read this and share your ideas for improving the Survival Experience.

Mrloud15

Hello everyone,

We would like to have a meeting with everyone, staff and non-staff, about the future of survival. Survival needs to make some major changes, and we would like to hear from you guys what kind of changes should be made.

Now this is going to be setup in a different way than previous suggestions threads. Instead of posting your suggestions here, I would like for you to make the suggestions here by May 9th. The reason for the is that we will be having an open meeting where anyone may participate around May16th to discuss these ideas.

After May 9th,  I will compile all of the responses into one list, and at the same time I will create an agenda for the meeting. The list of suggestions and agenda will be posted about a week before the meeting, so everyone has a chance to look into the suggestions and contribute to the meeting.

A little information about the meeting, the specific time and date will be released with the list and agenda. It will be an open meeting in mumble where anyone may speak; however, the meeting should only be to discuss what is on the agenda, and new suggestions should try not to be brought up. If there are enough new suggestions, we can always have another meeting, but I would like to avoid the long unorganized meetings we have had in the past. Another thing that will be a little different about this meeting is that it will happen twice. I plan to hold two meetings with the same agenda, but at different times since there is not a time that will work for everyone. I hope this will allow everyone to voice their opinions.

You may suggest anything and everything like new plugins, adding or removing items, changes to the rules, or a completely new style of gameplay. However, I would like ask that you try to be serious with your suggestions. Here are a few examples of what I would consider serious and not serious suggestions.

Not serious: Suggesting that we give away free diamonds.

Serious: Suggesting that we plump diamond ore.

Not serious: Suggesting that we should give everyone access to creative mode.

Serious: Suggesting that we try to emulate a play style of a x type of server.

If you are having trouble coming up with suggestions, here are a few questions that might help you out.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will try to find you an answer.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Four, why shouldn't these be a bit more public from the start so we can discuss them now? I would rather have time to look over and think on different ideas for whether I like them or not. Maybe a thread that we could publicly post our ideas in for this while posting it in the doc?

• Upvote 3

Glad to see the Admins on board with improving Survival.

One question though:

Why are the suggestions being kept hidden until X date?

Hello Four_Down, great question. I have noticed with past discussion threads that the community will typically only focus in on only a few ideas, and the other ideas will be pushed to the side. I would like to avoid this. Having it setup this way should allow for people to make suggestions without being influenced by the few ideas that the community decided to focus on, and it should allow for a lot more unique ideas, which is something S could use right now. Going by the responses we have already received, this has has been working.  Also, it allows the meetings to take place. If players just posted their suggestions here, like what has been done in the past, everything would be discussed long before the actual meetings.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Four, why shouldn't these be a bit more public from the start so we can discuss them now? I would rather have time to look over and think on different ideas for whether I like them or not. Maybe a thread that we could publicly post our ideas in for this while posting it in the doc?

Hello dizney07, all of the suggestions will be made public about week before the meetings, so everyone can get chance to look into them. You can read above for an explanation as to why they are hidden until then. 

• Upvote 2