Wiki concerns

GMMan

Just two things about the wiki off the top of my head:

1. User login log

I really don't think it's necessary for the public to be able to see who is trying to log in and their IP addresses. Maybe that log can be made private? (The other public logs don't seem to contain very sensitive information and should be kept out for those who like to keep track of things.)

2. Editing other people's player pages

What's the policy for this? A wiki is for anyone to edit, but I'm under the opinion that for player pages, the players know themselves the best. Personally, I only edit others' pages if their are major problems with their formatting, and I make redirects when necessary. If the change is major I leave a message on the talk page. Should rules allow broader changes (allowing others to add relevant content and changing formatting and whatnot) or be stricter (no editing of others' player pages except for non-controversial edits, like date left/date banned)?

• Upvote 4

I believe the policy for editing other people's pages is to make sure that you're actually allowed to and have been given permission by the respective owner.
As for IP adresses, they do not need to be logged and I'd prefer that to be gone.