[PMC] 2014 Donation Drive - 5th Anniversary

slide

Hi guys/gals, this years donation drive will be held the weekend of June 7th to coincide as closely with our 5 year anniversary as possible (it's officially on a Tuesday).We will be doing a similar CTF event as last time (we will probably do the space event in a few months) and so we need some builders to help finish the map. I've got the event server setup on 1.7.2-1.7.9 @ nerd.nu:35565 and if you want to help, post here and I will white-list you. Once on you can use "/mvtp build" to teleport to the build/staging area. Don't feel pressured to help just because you are on staff as you are free to just play and have fun. You will be able to use /modmode on the server (for official mod duties only) so you don't HAVE to choose to just mod or just play.

The official map is being worked on by kitcatbar and should be done within the week at which point we need to have all the wall/building designs finished so we can integrate them. Here are a few of the things we will need to build:

• Team spawn room/building
  • Team spawn walls
  • Outer safe zone walls
  • Flag pedestal
  • A large tree with a climbing/jumping puzzle with a buff in it
  • An ice themed buff (going in an ice spikes biome)
  • A nether themed buff that will be in a cave in the jungle

This is a fairly short time frame but with us having run this exact plugin before I believe we can pull it off. We will be announcing the event to the public this weekend sometime which will effectively set the date in stone.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Upvote 1

I think I'd like to help out on this one, could you whitelist me?

Added

Multiverse... why not dimension door D: also whitelist please! I am looking forward to it! 

Added and I've never even heard of it ha.

• Upvote 1

Are we going to do a minigame area like in past CTFs? If so, I will gladly volunteer my services as an obstaclecoursesmith. In the meantime, I'll help get started on that giant tree.

I'd be up for the mini games area. Seems like people enjoy it. Also work on the tree is much appreciated. I liked the idea but was unsure of how to go about it.

• Upvote 1

I'd be up for the mini games area. Seems like people enjoy it. Also work on the tree is much appreciated. I liked the idea but was unsure of how to go about it.

Although I'm new to staff I have had a lot of experience building custom trees for Whiteoak and would be more then happy to help out on it.

Is it too late to make a suggestion? If not:

An idea that I just had was making the bases shaped like pentagons/hexagons instead of the usual squares the mix things up a bit. This can easily be done with WE, but it won't work for walls that are already designed for squares.

• Upvote 1

So we have a few things left to accomplish, mainly with the buffs

• The Nether Buff needs to be integrated into its surroundings
  • We need an Ice Buff - I think there is one build, anyone want to help with it?
  • We need a Tree Buff - We have a few started, but none finished yet. Maybe go help out with the one you like best?

I want to have all this done this weekend to give us a good week head time in case anything disastrous happens.