[AC] Interest in the Youtube Account

Denevien

I got a message from a player today who is willing to make content for the Youtube channel. This is the message I received:

Hey buddy,

Something was mentioned in the S meeting the other day that's stuck with me. What's being done with the mcpublic youtube channel?

I want to do something with it. Player profiles, documenting events, showcasing towns, Q&As with staff, etc. Nothing over 5 minutes long unless it's an event. A mix of what I do now on my own channel with input from others who would be interested in contributing.

If I were to pull enough interest and bring a team together from each server, would I be able to do it and put it on the mcpublic account? At most we could use it for promotion and community building, the least it could be used for shits and giggles.

She already has experience recording and editing videos. Does this seem like something we'd use the channel for? To me it seems exactly like what it should be for, and player submitted material makes it more of a community, and less work on us. Thoughts?

Deaygo has reset the channels password and instead of giving out the login information directly, can grant other admins access with their accounts. I also think it would be great to see some activity on the channel.

This seems like a good idea to me. If we're going to solicit content from players, though, we should probably work out some guidelines for what gets approved or rejected.

Saying that it needs to follow our universal rules, as well as YouTube rules should cover most things. Then follow with "Admins reserve the right to decline submissions"

• 11 months later...