MCPublic's 5th Anniversary

Denevien

Hello Friends!

We are rapidly approaching our 5th Anniversary as a server, which is June 10th. To celebrate, we will be hosting another 24 hour CTF event the weekend of June 7th. We're happy to be celebrating this 5 year mark, especially since our funds only come from generous donations of our user-base. We pride ourselves on not being a "pay-to-win" server, and to keep running smoothly, we occasionally have to come forward to ask for donations. During this event, you will see messages pointing to nerd.nu/donate. If you are willing and capable to donate, we can keep things rolling for years to come. We will be making another post closer to the event with more details.

On another note, today is Memorial Day here in the US. It is designed to remember those who have come and gone within our country. During this event, I'd encourage everyone on the servers to do something similar. Many of us have been here long enough to see many players come and go. I enjoy these servers, because we are a community, and we all meet people that we can truly call friends. So, for the friends we've made, and the friends we've lost, let us celebrate this milestone together.

• Upvote 17

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone enjoyed the festivities! We had 340 accounts that were split between two teams that played their hearts out. Blue was able to hold the lead and win with 123 Flag Captures, with Red having 94 Flag Captures. More stats can be found over at our donation page.

Looking at this page, I'm very appreciative of the generosity of this community. In one day, we were able to raise $2287 to keep our servers kicking. I understand that not everyone could donate, and that is fine. We pride ourselves on not requiring the community to pay to play. Keep in mind, we only ask for donations when we really need them (such as the event we just had), but if you feel like giving any other time of year, the donate page stays active year round.

I'm glad to see that we've made it this far, and I am excited to see where we all go from here.

• Upvote 2