Changes on Survival

TornadoHorse

Survival Changes  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What main area(s) should be addressed on Survival?

• Enchantments
    • Staff/Moderation
    • Clans
    • Lag
    • Rules
    • Advertising
    • Checkbox

Instead of making suggestions for next revision, we should first figure out what the things are that we want to change. Then we can think of what needs to be changed and go about it in a far more organised way. I added a few areas in the poll, but if you have any other ideas, feel free to comment with them :)

Edited by TornadoHorse
  • Upvote 4

Instead of making suggestions for next revision, we should first figure out what the things are that we want to change. Then we can think of what needs to be changed and go about it in a far more organised way. I added a few areas in the poll, but if you have any other ideas, feel free to comment with them :)

I agree, and I like this idea way more then just everyone saying what they want on a subreddit. This is more organized and we can vote, so it will make it way better for admins to see what we want

Honestly? While I do believe the S community could stand to be a bit nicer to new people, in the end I just feel that PvP in minecraft is just shitty in general, and it's ultimately not the server's fault, it's mojang's. PvP basically boils down to "whack the other guy as often as possible while trying to not be whacked and hope the gods of lag are in your favor" 90% of the time. Considering mcpublic is always trying to stay as vanilla as possible with no for-profit anything I honestly thing S is about as good as it can be for its type of server. No pay-to-win, staff who are impartial yet active members of the community, and weekly arena nights that do attract a fair number of people. So... unless we can make combat in minecraft like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare I doubt much can be done about survival and that we should just be happy with what we have.

• Upvote 2

Isn't that all fighting is in any game, trying to hit the other person without trying to be hit? Blatantly minecraft wasn't build with PvP in mind, but people still enjoy doing it and there is plenty that we can do to make that experience better. If we were to get rid of lag, advertise to bring in a few more players, I reckon the server would have around 40-50 people on at all times. What is the point if you're not striving to improve? 

• Upvote 2

I'd really like to hear from prominent PVPers about the lag issue. Has anyone quit the servers, or felt like PVPing was worthless because of lag? I think this issue is often overlooked. Perhaps something can be done, raise more money to upgrade the servers or get different providers?

I'd really like to hear from prominent PVPers about the lag issue. Has anyone quit the servers, or felt like PVPing was worthless because of lag? I think this issue is often overlooked. Perhaps something can be done, raise more money to upgrade the servers or get different providers?

I'm not exactly a prominent PvPer, but lag is an issue in fighting. One issue I get is random lag-spikes while doing something fighting related, with these leaving a player quite vulnerable to the other player(s).

• Upvote 2

I'm by no means a prominant PVPer, but I have started to try to PVP more often in previous revs. I have experienced more lag than ever this rev and it's really discouraging me to put on good gear. I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to creating a good kit at the moment, so i'd rather not lose it due to lag spikes while fighting.

Advertising. The more players, the better the experience!

I also agree with this. The server was very busy the first rev I joined (rev 14 maybe?) and that made for a very fun experience. Lately, when we address the issue of our slimming player base, we seem to be focusing on why the current members have left rather than ideas for getting new members. I was very happy to see Skylord's video and I think its a great start.

• Upvote 1

Yes. I know personally feel that the PvP isn't as smooth as previous revisions, or on other servers. IDANUB has half-left the server, because of the lag, and i'm sure it has discouraged KOTCT to play, as well.

-AC

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...