It's been a good run, but I'm setting sail.

Magnyus

Since October of last year, I was depped into the Navy waiting for the day that I ship out. Well, that time has finally arrived and tomorrow I will be leaving my home and heading off to Basic Training.

For those that don't know me, I've been playing since Creative Revision 15, where I would build quietly and explore. That time was short lived and I only stuck around for Rev 16 and I left. Then, sometime in 2012, I decided to log back in during Rev 24 where I got back to building. During that time I would slowly make a few friends here and there. Those friends would go on to help me build my warp build Mira in the middle of the ocean with the help of several other players. Then, when Nerd held it's staff meeting, I decided to buy a microphone so I could sit on mumble and listen in. That poor mic would end up being used almost daily for the next year. (it died on me today, :( RIP, Logitech H390)

Since then I have met some of my best friends and enjoyed the slow days just playing and chatting with them. As for Minecraft, I played a significant amount and did what I could to contribute whether it be with building, starting topics on the forums, hosting meetings, submitting ideas, etc. I was even nominated a few times for the moderator position. And it's a bit sad that now that I've finally gotten to that point, I will not be around as much as I used to.

In closing, I expect to be gone from all online connectivity for the next two to three months (most likely two). After that I will most likely return, but not for the same spans of time I do now. It's been nice getting to meet a lot of you, but I'm heading off to start my life.

Thanks for making the wait a lot less boring, Magnyus.

• Upvote 16

Its been good being a part of your time here. you along with all the people in our odd little circle have been some of the best friends i have made in a long time. The memories of the late nights playing league, digging out mira, raising hell on mumble, and chilling out to some EDM on turn table will stick with me for a looooong time. I wish you the best on your new life adventure, and hope to have you check back in from time to time.

• Upvote 3

Magnyus, knowing you has been an absolute blast. 
Our friendship started the day I returned to nerd, sometime in early 2013. If only I'd known that over a year and a half, you'd become one of the best friends I've ever had. 
There really isn't much I can say, it just feels strange to part ways with someone that I never even met but knew as a close friend for such a long time. 
From Mira, to working on fixing Creative with our other friends, bringing up conspiracies about nerd.nu, to me slurring at you drunkenly in Mumble, then to LoL, and now this. 
I'm actually close to tearing up as I write this, but if I've ever seriously offended you in any way, I'm sincerely sorry. I know I probably have at one/a few points, but there isn't much I can do about that. 
The time I've known you has been the greatest time of my life. 
I guess I can wish you good luck with your life, and hope that you at some point check back on us to say hello, chill with us for a while. 
It's been good, friend. 
o/

One last time.

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 2

The only times I've really spoken to you have been to do with serious nerd topics which is a shame since I would have liked to get to know you better. You've had a great influence on nerd and creative especially and you'll be missed. Take care, Magknee00s, and if you ever get some free time we'd welcome you back with open arms! :)

• Upvote 2

Sorry for being a bit late getting here, but it's sad to see you go. You, among several others, were one of the first I met here. You made me stay here, not just logout and find a new server. Since then, I've loved our time on mumble. You've been one of the vital sources that I signed in everyday, hoping to see. You really changed my life. As with most everyone, it's sad to see someone go. This is different. You were (and still are) one of my greatest friends. I'd even say you're better than most of my friends I know in real life. It'll be tough without you, as you were one of the only remaining friends who was on mumble. I hope you enjoy your time in the Navy.

• Upvote 2

Fair weather sailing friend! I do not know you the greatest but I do know that you were always welcoming, helpful, and a joy to play on Creative with.

And for your help digging at Urbem and your courageousness in supporting this country with your military service, I am here-by dedicating Urbem to you!

• 4 weeks later...