[PMC] Advertising

BeastBruiser

Is there a reason that we haven't kept up on the MCservers subreddit ad/post? IIRC we are allowed to repost every two weeks. 

It seems to me that we did get more traffic on S from the last one, albeit some of it possibly unwanted. But there were several groups of players that came on and have stuck around doing some builds. It definitely seems to me like it has a high benefit/effort ratio.

Also has there been any thought to advertising the 5th anniversary CTF event? It seems like it could be a good way to introduce the servers and possibly draw in a few more players.

• Upvote 1

Is there a reason that we haven't kept up on the MCservers subreddit ad/post? IIRC we are allowed to repost every two weeks. 

It seems to me that we did get more traffic on S from the last one, albeit some of it possibly unwanted. But there were several groups of players that came on and have stuck around doing some builds. It definitely seems to me like it has a high benefit/effort ratio.

I wanted to try it on a different day.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/26ykqk/mcpublic_hubcreativepvepvpsemivanilla/

Also has there been any thought to advertising the 5th anniversary CTF event? It seems like it could be a good way to introduce the servers and possibly draw in a few more players.

Lots, but we are unsure a good place to do so. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

The MCPublicServers Youtube channel seems pretty underused, perhaps someone could put together a quick trailer?  I'd volunteer, but until I have access to a computer that will handle screen recorders, it's not an option.

I think it would be a good idea to start using this more for more then just simple trailers for the servers. Such as the recent Spleef Club match on PvE or a Speed Building Contest from Creative.

I record a lot of the events that take place (such as Spleef Club) but have no place to put them and would be more then happy to do some minor editing and send them to a head to look over for possible YouTube Channel content.

• Upvote 2

I think it'd be great to keep up on our youtube channel. Maybe we could designate some volunteers to curate that?

Also, a lot of schools will be getting out soon, so if we can get some advertisements going, we have the potential to get a lot of summer users.

• Upvote 1

With all the discussion on /r/minecraft about the EULA and pay-to-win servers, there's been a lot of people expressing their hate for them. I've taken to Reddit PM'ing those I see the mcpublic subreddit, saying how we strongly discourage that. It may not be the most effective way to advertise, but hopefully a few people will come over. If nothing else it's free.

• Upvote 1

I'll go through the /r/mcservers sub occasionally, and reply to the "Wanted" posts if I think the PvE server (I'm not familiar enough with the nuances of C and S to do the same for them) meets the requester's requirements. Others could do the same. It's a way to keep the MCPublic servers on people's minds without violating the frequency of posting rules on that sub. 

• Upvote 3