Congratulations on 100k total server bans

BCB228

I was told there were no mumble logs a few days ago in irc when i asked if there was a way i could report somebody, I guess i was lied to :(

Look at your client, where it shows text.. could that have been where it came from? Oh Noez!!! lol, use your brains a little bit guys. But i guess there is a conspiracy!

• Upvote 6

Look at your client, where it shows text.. could that have been where it came from? Oh Noez!!! lol, use your brains a little bit guys. But i guess there is a conspiracy!

First you make offensive alcoholic references, now instead of being a helpful tech admin and explaining something, you are calling us stupid.

• Upvote 3

First you make offensive alcoholic references, now instead of being a helpful tech admin and explaining something, you are calling us stupid.

1) I didn't call you stupid. 2) You are either being deliberately obtuse or attempting to make us look bad. Now i'm calling you out on it. So, how about we stop with the charades?

​Breaking the rules doesn't always call for a ban. Take dobreira's ban for example, 1 year for hitting someone through a portal on PvE. 1 fucking year. Don't you understand how bullshit that is?

You also directed that at everyone in the thread that's been banned in the past, so I take offence. In fact, my most recent ban, as you may recall, didn't involve me breaking any rules - and unless you envision me as Kim Jong Hitlersatan, you'd probably also know I wasn't trying to get myself banned. 

Pulling away from that, if we were to implement a chat-filter system, I'd be pleased if saying a banned word also placed a note on the player attempting to say bad things. That way, we can keep track of repeat offenders that could otherwise keep coming back after their temp-bans/jailings. 

His ban length came from him breaking a rule after being told that this would be his last chance and that any future bans would have a very long duration.

Me: 1 year for calling players autistic shitlords in chat

Randomdoor: till the end of the rev for calling admins Autistic,cunts, and even (negro) ( http://nerd.nu/archives/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/65760#Comment_65760 )

FnLNDwj.jpg

You were warned that any future infractions will result in a ban length of at least a year. That's where the year came from, not just from you saying those things.

• Upvote 7

You were warned that any future infractions will result in a ban length of at least a year. That where the year came from, not just from you saying those things.

I dont want to argue about my ban in a public thread but: I was banned for something that is vaguely mentioned in the rules. 

• Upvote 3

Good to know we have a friendly, professional staff on nerd that care about what their players think. Thanks, Slide.

Good to know we have a friendly, professional player(s) on nerd that care about the servers and don't just want to cause trouble all the time. Thanks, Jauris.

• Upvote 4

Good to know we have a friendly, professional player(s) on nerd that care about the servers and don't just want to cause trouble all the time. Thanks, Jauris.

You're welcome. I'm glad I can be of service.

• Upvote 8

Can we get back on topic ? just PM each other if you have a problem

Denevien, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:snapback.png

I'll admit I've made a few people beg, but the steps I listed is not begging. It is a chance to prove they are capable of following directions.

gsand -What circumstances caused them to beg?

What is the point of proving that they are capable of following orders? Is it necessary.

If you can't follow the rules, then you can't play here

gsand -Of course not, but that is not what is being discussed here.

Edited by BCB228

Which topic would that be? The original post was congratulating us on 100k bans. Most everything after that was different topics.

I'll admit I've made a few people beg, but the steps I listed is not begging. It is a chance to prove they are capable of following directions.

gsand -What circumstances caused them to beg?

What is the point of proving that they are capable of following orders? Is it necessary.

If you can't follow the rules, then you can't play here

gsand -Of course not, but that is not what is being discussed here.

• Upvote 1

This is a perfect example of how people try to bring things up but are told they are wrong immediately.

Things need to be brought up, or they will never change. Just about everyone in this thread has been told their opinion on something is wrong, both players and staff.

Yet he can offend people and not expect to get told something about it?

The issue is that you just picked what he said to comment on.

Can we get back on topic ? just PM each other if you have a problem

If you would like to make a new thread to discuss the any of the topic here, please feel free to. As for this thread, I'm closing it. It has turned into nothing but bickering. There were a few good ideas in here that I would really like to see discussed further, but that's does not look like it will happen in this thread.
  • Upvote 1

That still isn't the original topic, but examples of the times I've made people "beg" are when I get them to explain why they feel they should be unbanned. Generally, this occurs when I'm taking a chance to unban someone who many of the other staff feels should be "perma-banned". So, basically it is me asking the player to convince me that they earn the privilege to play here (since it is by no means a right for anyone). If I feel what they have to say shows that truly are remorseful, and intend to change their ways, then I will unban them. So, I figure it is a better alternative than the option to leave them banned with zero hope for an unban.

• Upvote 4