[AC/PMC] Revison 22 Planning Thread

Tharine

1. The map building server's configuration is based off normal survival's config and as such (I'm told) was deliberately configured to zap special carts when we had the troubles with hopper carts.

I wasn't aware of that at all, which is a bit worrying. Was this change made in response to [redacted Private Mod Chat link]? I know we got no official resolution to it. We've definitely had the despawning feature enabled for chest minecarts for several revisions now (prior to hoppers being introduced), as I remember fielding a couple of complaints a while back when players weren't aware it was on - so I figured it was a remnant of that.

I should be around for the launch.

I'll throw out an ask to the other tech admins as well, but with this said, would you be comfortable with me making an announcement that we'll be going ahead with the proposed time?

RebalanceVillagers is not building because their repository for downloading dependencies has been down for many days at this stage.  I'll try to work around it when I have a  moment.

That's a shame. I'll make a point of mentioning this in the announcement post I end up making, so that people are aware that it's out of our hands.

• Upvote 1

Looking back: likely to make Saddles and armor craftable. Stablemaster class'll sell animal eggs and nametags.

Haven't written the stablemaster class yet, but here's the current config files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eifx7f22uhwb3tw/t54vXdSJrA

For the crafting recipes, there was a subreddit post about this roughly a month ago, and this response got a lot of positive reaction. Would we like to go ahead with those as the crafting recipes? I couldn't find one for what saddles were meant to be in the snapshot, but in thinking about them from a realistic standpoint, maybe leather and a couple of pieces of iron for the stirrups?

Edit: Putting this here as a reminder, we should have PvPTimer turned off for the start of the revision, and turn it back on around 5-7 days after launch so that the early days are still as hectic and dangerous as ever.

Edit 2: To the tech admins: Barring anything you want to double check, the map should be ready to save/backup and taken off event to free up room for others to use the server. I've done some testing on the spawn protections and things look good. I'd like to make sure we get some time before map launch to do some final last minute checks of protections, particularly pvp free zones, as well as set up the appropriate warps, /alerts, and locks for the chests in the admin room and spawn secrets once the map's up on s.nerd.nu.

• Upvote 1

Tharine: tompreuss' crafting recipes for saddles include two diamond blocks at the head end, three diamonds for the body and a piece of leather in the middle.  All up, 21 diamonds.  Similar in cost to a set of player armour actually.

We can enable those.  Also, depending on how much time I get, there's still Rebalance Villagers (all hope is not lost there) and I may also make the KS recipes customisable.  (In reality: if we had to run with two versions of KS on the day until the code could be generalised to use configuration data for the recipe, while not ideal, we could do that for a while too.)

I'll get back to you on RebalanceVillagers tomorrow probably.

• Upvote 1

I worked around the downed repository and compiled RebalanceVillagers.  It's installed with Draykhar's config.yml and offers.yml files on event.nerd.nu (although that server will be repurposed for CTF testing soon) and also on s.nerd.nu.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've redacted a link from one of my own comments above, but other than that everything looks good. I'd say give maybe a day or two for anyone who commented in this thread who might not be comfortable with their comments being made public say so, and then move it over to the archives.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the reminder Mrloud15, I figure everyone who has commented is comfortable with their responses staying as is, but I have given the thread a thorough read through again and it all looks good from what I can see. Moving this over to The Archives, thank you to everyone who helped to work on putting Revision 22 together  :happy:

• Upvote 1