Allow new blocks on PvE for next revision!

CROCKODUCK

Whatever happened to that Google form that asked for suggestions awhile back.  I remember submitting one, but I dont believe there was ever a meeting or discussion about what was all submitted.

Couldn't tell you to be honest, it must have been for an older meeting. For the next one I've been going off the forum post.

In the same way, creeper eggs do that too, yet we've had those available during some events. People have been banned for using those improperly. The only difference between creeper eggs and TnT is that creeper eggs, when placed, will cause the creepers to explode almost instantly.

Creeper eggs have never been given out during non-chaos events on P. The only time a player got a hold of creeper eggs was by stealing them from a dispenser someone forgot to lock in a PvE arena a year or two ago. The player was later banned for killing players with the eggs, like you mentioned. They weren't willingly given out.

Creeper eggs have never been given out during non-chaos events on P. The only time a player got a hold of creeper eggs was by stealing them from a dispenser someone forgot to lock in a PvE arena a year or two ago. The player was later banned for killing players with the eggs, like you mentioned. They weren't willingly given out.

Right, but I think the point that he's making is that I could very easily just lead creepers to AFK people. This is a case of possibly allowing a block that could be used improperly (and the player banned for it), but also has many proper uses. I'd advocate for trusting your users. If someone uses this improperly, then that person would probably get banned for doing something else anyway.

oh sorry, could have sworn there was some point where I was able to get them. :/

• Upvote 1

Right, but I think the point that he's making is that I could very easily just lead creepers to AFK people. This is a case of possibly allowing a block that could be used improperly (and the player banned for it), but also has many proper uses. I'd advocate for trusting your users. If someone uses this improperly, then that person would probably get banned for doing something else anyway.

yeah that's was what I was getting at, because creepers can function in similar ways as TnT. If we trust players with lava and flint and steel, then TnT should at least allowed to be placed as a decorative block.

• Upvote 3

:/ guys, not sure why the creeper eggs discussion is happening now? Another thread is easy to make if someone wants, I am just looking for PAdmin feedback here please.

Edit: again apologies for the harshness but I put some time into this thread and hope to not drag it off track.

• Upvote 2

Whatever happened to that Google form that asked for suggestions awhile back.  I remember submitting one, but I dont believe there was ever a meeting or discussion about what was all submitted.

As for the smooth slab blocks.  I think it'd be pretty cool to have them, although with a slightly easier recipe.  I think using half slabs makes the most sense, but I think 4 half slabs in a 2x2 grid should give you 2 smooth slab blocks.  

For 1 survival meeting a while back they had a Google Docs survey that had new ideas/suggestions and that was pretty helpful. I don't recall PvE ever doing something like that though. They had a Google Docs note sheet that had a couple different topics from that time on it. I believe it is still in /alert list on PvE 

:/ guys, not sure why the creeper eggs discussion is happening now? Another thread is easy to make if someone wants, I am just looking for PAdmin feedback here please.

Edit: again apologies for the harshness but I put some time into this thread and hope to not drag it off track.

the TL/DR was allow TNT.

• Upvote 1

Second, can we please possibly create a new thread for TNT as it has nothing to do with this thread. Trying to keep this a focused discussion lads.

the TL/DR was allow TNT.

It involves policy changes and can't just be thrown into a thread about adding decorative blocks...

It involves policy changes and can't just be thrown into a thread about adding decorative blocks...

Adding TNT as decorative is also possible, I think I said that. Also you wrote block not block. I do think the double slab block is a good idea, but the thread isn't just about that.

So buzzie, Tom, and I just finished up talking about this. For 43:8 we all agreed to add in a recipe for it. We figured if we were going to add that in then 43:9, its sandstone counterpart, should also get a recipe. Since this block is available through the admin doppelgangers, the plan is to hold off until next rev to add these recipes in. Otherwise it would be unfair to the players who spent a good deal of diamonds to obtain the blocks.

As for TNT, for now we have no plans to enable either working or decorative TNT. We've seen on creative and survival revs that sometimes players will rig their builds to blow up upon map download. Yes there are ways for players to avoid this, but we'd like players to open up past rev maps without the worry of builds blowing up and the client issues that would come along with that.

• Upvote 3

As for TNT, for now we have no plans to enable either working or decorative TNT. We've seen on creative and survival revs that sometimes players will rig their builds to blow up upon map download. Yes there are ways for players to avoid this, but we'd like players to open up past rev maps without the worry of builds blowing up and the client issues that would come along with that.

What's wrong with that? Once they download he map it's theirs to do whatever they want with it right?

Edit: Nevermind I just got it

Edited by jllmprrt

is that crafting result picture supposed to just be like if I double stacked slabs? or is it supposed to be the double stoneslab 43:8?

The former.  Just two stone slabs stacked together, with the dividing line.  Sometimes when you're pillaring up on stone slabs, lag will push you off.  That doesn't happen when placing a whole block.  It's a convenience thing.

• Upvote 2

I've wanted that (43:8) for a long time.  In a similar vein, I think this would also be nice:

e7bWUBq.png

It adds a bit of convenience without changing the resource cost of placing doubled slabs in the world.

So we're going to go ahead and add this to the other two block additions for next rev.

• Upvote 4

Which of the 2 recipes for 43:8 did you choose might I ask?

While two slabs crafted vertically would make the most sense, that recipe already existed for sandstone slabs to make chiseled sandstone. So we're going with a 2x2 grid of slabs to make 2 full blocks of 43:8 and 43:9 with their respective slabs.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

So buzzie, Tom, and I just finished up talking about this. For 43:8 we all agreed to add in a recipe for it. We figured if we were going to add that in then 43:9, its sandstone counterpart, should also get a recipe. Since this block is available through the admin doppelgangers, the plan is to hold off until next rev to add these recipes in. Otherwise it would be unfair to the players who spent a good deal of diamonds to obtain the blocks.

I have had that happen to me before, and the only way to prevent it is to open up MCEdit and delete the tnt before loading the world download in Minecraft itself