Fireworks on Creative?

Difficult1

Well, we have arrows, we have fire charges, lets get some fireworks on the go shall we? As far as im aware firework explosions cancel each other out to reduce lag and i don't really see any harm in adding them. Some creative player firework shows would be pretty awesome and could even help show off the server to people from P or S coming to the event. If fireworks where implemented, could a command be made that would make spawning fireworks in a possibility? In normal creative they need to be crafted. A command such as

/firework RBO (red blue and orange mix) Firecharge/feather/goldnugget/head 64 (stack of red blue and orange fireworks with a modifier. 

A useful command such as that would sure make life easier.

Edited by Difficult1

If we did this, it's not entirely unlikely that history WON'T repeat itself. A few months back, I believe, PvE had a fireworks show to celebrate something. (No idea what it was.) Due to that, C was experiencing great lag, likely S was too. PvE used all of the servers' potential resources at the time. If C is anywhere near as devastating to the other servers, there's likely to be complaints.

Note: The statement about the lag and waste of resources was completely based on word from another user. I was not present to experience it.

There is a /fw color command that is extremely easy to use that is only available to admins.  I'm not sure how this would affect C or the lag, but I'll find out.  As for what HaiSaban said, due to the fireworks being on a command and not being from a launcher, it is much harder to cause lag as you can't wire and set off a ton at once, you have to type the commmand each time.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...