ZenithAngel [kitcatbar]

ZenithAngel

Hey there ZenithAngel, please wait for kitcatbar to handle your appeal. If no one has responded within 48 hours, please feel free to bump your appeal.

Ban information:
Ban for ZenithAngel on c.nerd.nu for Xray on S nerd.nu/appeal by kitcatbar on 2014-08-04 00:48:23 (no more bans, 1 notes)

Hey there ZenithAngel, please wait for kitcatbar to handle your appeal. If no one has responded within 48 hours, please feel free to bump your appeal.

Ban information:

Ban for ZenithAngel on c.nerd.nu for Xray on S nerd.nu/appeal by kitcatbar on 2014-08-04 00:48:23 (no more bans, 1 notes)

Thank you for the quick response Switch!

Can you let me know what the (1 notes) part means? Is that just internal stuff?

I'm currently in mumble with Kitcatbar, so hopefully we can resolve this issue quickly.

Thanks again,

-Zen

Hello ZenithAngel. I was asked to look over your edits today, and found too many edits that could not be explained by normal mining/exploring alone, as explained in this album. You were also observed going straight to a hidden crouched player by a moderator.

The ban length for xray is one month. To be unbanned please reappeal no earlier than September 4th after reading the rules and saying that you understand and will follow them.

Hello ZenithAngel. I was asked to look over your edits today, and found too many edits that could not be explained by normal mining/exploring alone, as explained in this album. You were also observed going straight to a hidden crouched player by a moderator.

The ban length for xray is one month. To be unbanned please reappeal no earlier than September 4th after reading the rules and saying that you understand and will follow them.

Am I allowed to contest your evidence?

fA6CUNG.png

Firstly, I dug up that entire base looking for hidden chests. When I don't find a chest with diamonds in it, I go looking. that particular room was underneath randomly placed dirt, it was not hard to find and I didn't use Xray to find it. It was also directly underneath an enchantment table.

That one screenshot looks like the only evidence you actually have, which I feel I adequately explained.

The other tunnels, without knowing exactly which bases you're talking about, can be explained by my simple mining at y=26, where most mineshafts occur, or the fact that most bases I found, I'd revisit or explore the surrounding caves. If you can privately PM me the rough locations of the other screenshots, I can most likely explain their occurrence. However, seeing as my clan already has access to about 5 different grinders, I don't see why I would logically xray to a random dungeon.

Can I please get the corresponding base locations with the rest of your evidence?

As for the case of Randomdoor, the hidden crouched player, he was 'hidden' in a tunnel directly above the base me and two other players were raiding. I had already broken through two emerald reinforced chests finding nothing. On the third one we managed to find some decent stuff, but nothing really containing diamonds. While the other two continued to mine, I went around and started digging up the base. I started on the walls and found a staircase after several minutes of digging. I started mining up all the man-placed blocks around the staircase when I found the entrance to the cave that randomdoor was crouching in. He was at most 6 blocks down the cave, while only hidden behind two or three blocks of cobble/stone directly connected to the staircase.

Once again, nothing to hint at x-raying. If you look at all the other bases I raided, I dug up every single room.

Lastly, I've had a number of moderators follow me while I was raiding, including Malvagio.

No one else has observed me x-raying and I think I have proven quite well that I have a deep respect for the rules on this server, especially since I've repeatedly approached the admins asking for their approval on certain grey areas.

I appreciate the time you're taking to sort out this appeal. 

Thank you again,

-Zen

I can go more indepth into your edits if you wish tomorrow, but I need to had off for the night. Others looked over your edits with me, but since you're disputing the ban I've mailed a few others with xray experience asking them to review your edits. This will take some time.

I had another staff member with more xray investigation experience go through your edits, on top of those who went through your edits with me yesterday, and he came to the same conclusion I did. This ban will stay in place. For thoroughness's sake, here are a few more edits of yours I found today.

Edit: Unlocked on request.

I had another staff member with more xray investigation experience go through your edits, on top of those who went through your edits with me yesterday, and he came to the same conclusion I did. This ban will stay in place. For thoroughness's sake, here are a few more edits of yours I found today.

Edit: Unlocked on request.

Can you clarify which staff member checked it out?

Can you clarify which staff member checked it out?

Beastbruiser, redwall_hp, tompreuss, Trooprm32 and I reviewed your edits, and you were watched by beastbruiser, dizney07, LadyRavenOwl, smdavis93, and me prior to your ban. I understand that you've asked Mrloud15 to review this ban, so I'll leave the final say to him.