Malvagio87's Side of the Story

Malvagio87

So here is my side of the story,

In light of me closing my server after 3 years, I had decided to come back where Minecraft had started for me.  Had it not been for the experiences and fun I originally had playing here back in beta, I don’t think I would have ever really played Minecraft and I thank those that helped run and dev the servers back in those MCCondom days. 

During my time playing on s.nerd.nu I had made many friends and many more enemies, which is common on a PvP server.  Back in beta (for those of you who don’t know) PvP was a lot different. There was no hunger, no sprinting, no potions or enchants, mushroom soup was the food of choice, and only fools would be in diamond armor.  Spawn would be at 0, 0 and have roads going in every direction.  There were no beds to sleep in or multiple nether portals to go through, just the one under or very close to spawn.  It forced everyone to stay near spawn and that model worked great until around beta 1.8 which is when Minecraft changed into mostly what it is now.  It took the simplicity out of the game and made it more time intensive to gather the necessary materials needed to successfully pvp.  To me all of the revs prior to the 1.8 beta release were the best on the server.

For those of you that say I was a bad mod I am sorry. Maybe it was because I was one of the only active mods that would constantly PvP and try and find people to kill vs. build a nice base and raid sparingly.  When I was modded, no one explained to me what to do or what was expected of me, which is why when I was first modded I got myself into trouble. Despite barneygale’s lovely post accusing me of hacking where he said, “Within days he was caught rifling through hundreds of chests belonging to a clan. When asked what he was doing, he replied "I'm bored". His moderator powers were temporarily removed.” This occurrence did not happen days after me being modded, but weeks and at the end of the revision when the map was scheduled to reset the next day I had gone exploring because I was in fact bored, but did not have my mod powers removed.

Barneygale then goes on to say, “Days later he was caught xraying on the first day of a survival revision.”  This is not true.  Weizbox, who had never liked me and was the reason I inevitably quit the server, would watch or go through logblock to find anything close that resembled cheating.  On the first day I had a claim built right at spawn and went strip mining.  During this time I found a cave system around level 12 and went exploring. After going through the cave system and finding many exposed diamonds I had got lost heading back to my base.  (This was before I was aware of Reis or possibly it hadn’t been developed yet.)  In short I had broken a block that had diamonds behind it. I was happy and didn’t think much of it at the time, but it wasn’t until later was this brought to my attention and I had to defend myself to these accusations.  It was during this time that my mod powers were temporarily removed until a decision was made.  I was not banned during this time, nor had I ever been prior to that for any reason, and was found to not be guilty of xraying since there were multiple diamond deposits unmined in my mineshafts I had created.

Barneygale then goes on to say, “he had created a huge lava moat by spawn, to cause FPS lag for new joiners. His request was initially denied by an admin, but he asked around until he found a mod willing to do it.”  This is almost true except for the part where I was trying to create lag for new players.  A friend I played with at the time by the name of roastnewt had built a base about 100 blocks down the road and created a lava moat to prevent players from easily gaining access to his base.  I spent a majority of the day, digging a 5x5 hole even with the road protection to create a moat.  After asking about having it filled in mod broadcast weizbox, the sadmin at the time simply said no. When asked why he/she said, “Because new players could fall into it after leaving spawn.”  Now to me I don’t see how that is anyone’s fault but the player who would run into it.  So I then questioned why other players were allowed to have motes he/she logged off.  So after being pissed off that I had wasted the day I asked another mod about filling it in and they didn’t see why it would be a problem since it wasn’t against the rules.  About it being griefied there was no way for the lava to get onto the road so I do not know how other mods mentioning it being griefed would be possible unless they were talking about other players putting stuff into it.  Btw the moat had stayed there for a few weeks until I removed it because after speaking to other admins they said it was fine.

Barney then goes on to say, “Eventually he decided to squeeze MCPublic one last time by logging in and advertising his rival server to everyone online via PMs. For this, he was banned,” which is probably the closest thing he has said to the truth in his post.  I did get banned for “advertising” my server, but I wasn’t messaging everyone I was messaging the player I had played with for the past year, but that was deemed bannable. Adversely, Four_Down has a server and everyone seems to know about it, yet he was never banned? Obviously he never mentioned it to anyone in this community and they all found it naturally.

In regards to trolling in mumble I do not recall any of that happening and it definitely wasn’t six month because I quit playing on S during the above revision.  Now the reason I quit and resigned being a mod wasn’t because I was asked to or because I was forced to, it was because I was killed by weizbox who had abused his admin privs, but no one seemed to care because back then admins were essentially allowed to do whatever they wanted and no one would monitor them.  For those of you that honestly care about the truth this is what happened. After mining for a few hours I had a lot of valuables on me. I was armored up while doing so in case I came across anyone.  After coming across someone I thought to myself should I try and kill them or should I stash my stuff at the base first and come back? I decided to attack and during the fight he had logged out on me (this again prior to combat tag being installed because it was deemed at the time not an important plugin to have which I disagreed with).  Now since the player logged out on me I was not allowed to make the note or ban the player but in fact had to get someone else to do it.  I looked at the /list and weizbox was the only player on, so I asked he/she to come assist. I informed weiz that I had been mining and had a lot of valuables on me but wanted to kill this guy because he had been mining as well and probably had valuables on him.  Weiz then responded with, “I will be right there” during this time the player had logged back in and out again, but I was unable to kill them due to the join protection.  I then asked weiz if they had witnessed it, but to my surprise they logged off.  So I sat there waiting and while I was waiting I noticed weizbot (weizbox’s alt) had logged on.  After messaging them multiple times in regards to where they had went, I was then confronted in the mines with a fully diamond armored and potioned weizbot who without any challenge killed me, took all of my stuff, and said bad luck. The next day when I brought this to ludeman’s attention, he in essence said that that’s not what happened but would not provide me any proof that weiz didn’t tp to me on his main and then come kill me after getting the cords with his alt.  So right then and there I messaged Amaranthus and asked him to remove my mod privileges as I was done playing and helping out on the server.

So I took a break from nerd.nu started playing on Legendarycraft with Four_Down and roast and this ladies and gentleman is where I learned how to use Nodus.  After four and roast had explained to me how everything worked they then went on to show me how by using nuker I could get unlimited xp on that server. So I did. I used the radar I used the tracers I used it all and got good at it, but at the end of the day I stopped because it took the fun out of the game.  Now while all of this was happening roast and I opened up a server.  Four_Down, however, did not like the fact that roast was doing this and refused to play on the server, but when he did he was sure to make it a complete pain in the ass by exploiting everything he could so I banned him for it.  Now this is probably why Four hates me so much.  I banned him using the same plugin that nerd uses which is MCBouncer.  For those of you that do not know what it does, it is in essence a plugin that informs you of anything you have ever done or been banned for on any server that uses it.  So if you get banned for xraying on server A and you log into server B, both which are using MCBouncer, it notifies the staff of your previous bans and any notes added to your account.  Four knew this and threw a tantrum complaining to Deaygo to remove the notes because he said it was unfair, but it was mainly because he didn’t want everyone to know that he had cheated.  Roast after a few months so graciously abandoned the server leaving me in charge of the growing community with no tech admin to control it.  This combined with the 1.3 release of Minecraft sucking horrifically killed my server’s community for the most part.

Now during all of this I managed to get myself a nice little recording that I could use as blackmail if four ever pissed me off enough.  On the nerd servers I had snuck into Randomdoor’s mumble and recorded them talking. After giving one of their clans members coords to people four and another member of his clan which I thought was Fathersouth but could have been wrong decided to go check out the cords. In the mumble you can hear them pointing out areas of their base, who is wearing what armor, and where to tunnel into their base.  You can’t clearly see this from the surface nor can you even see the name tags since they were at bedrock. But if you have xray you can and low and behold I had it on my jar at the time.  So as they are talking and I am recording I am toggling between the xray and basic view so you can see what they are talking about is in fact 100% true and the only way it could possibly be done is by xraying.

But after talking to Fathersouth he had asked me not to post it because that would mean there entire clan would more than likely be banned and out of the respect I had for him at the time I didn’t post it.  Mind you this was not a recent rev but one around 14-15.

For those of you that don't believe any of this to be true here is some evidence.  

[Remove image]

I will be visiting my parents next week and while I am there I will definitely be looking for my old desktop that has this video on it and once I find it I will gladly post it on a nice new forum entitle: Four_Down the definition of hypocrisy. 

Now let’s fast forward to the present.  My server closed because there was not enough community members to support it.  It was a good run for about 3 years and I made a decent amount of drinking money out of it so I can’t complain that it was a total failure.  Now with my free time I decided to come back to where Minecraft had started for me.  And after seeing what it had become and how bad it was it made me sad.  This was once a large server with 100+ on constantly and now with little to no players on made no sense to me.  I spoke to Mrloud at the time and gave him my thoughts and asked to get my mod powers back so that I could help support the server that made me play Minecraft and he did, while monitoring me to make sure I wasn’t abusing any of my powers.  After doing so I began to talk with some SAdmins, tech admins, and head admins about opening up another nerd.nu box and adding to the 3 servers they already offered.  Ladycalin, denevian, and others were on board, however, it never happened due to the concerns of members who did not play on the servers anymore.  The main one being that I could turn off the box anytime I wanted.  I responded with, “even if that was the case wouldn’t it be worth giving your community something fun and new for a day then not at all,” but they decided not to give it to them.

Which leads us to where we are today. I like to think that I helped stir the pot to get the changes needed to be done on S to make it a server where players wanted to play again. I joined this revision, excited and happy to again be playing on nerd with 80+ players on it. During this time I decided to help write a guide so that new players and old returning players could have a quick reference to the changes and what they needed to know to get on their feet.  I built a base, I mined, I raided other bases and was enjoying the game again, however, my presence on the server was constantly complained about as if I was breaking the rules by being remodded.  I had been remodded 5 revs ago, and people seemed to care then but not the past 4 revs when no one played much at all.  Now that they had come back they had a problem with me being a mod even though I had done nothing wrong and anything that I may or may not have done wrong had happened 3 years ago.  And the harassment was a daily occurrence, which I was told to ignore and did for pretty much all of it until now.  While playing I had been asked to take a look into someone cheating.  During this episode I saw the player appear to be able to break an obsidian citadel protection with a pick, and switch to his sword during the few ticks the block was broken enough to hit the players behind the block and then immediately switch back to his tool to start breaking the block again.  He blamed it on lag, but I thought it was a modified client.  Regardless in my mind he was using the citadel block lag as an exploitation to gain a pvp advantage so I wanted to ban him and after discussing it with mods that were online I decided to wait until an admin came on to discuss it with them.  After discussing it with MrLoud he said that if it was him he would just warn but it was up to me and I could ban him if I wanted to.  So I did and was instantly harassed via private messages and other mods in mod broadcast for doing so, because “I had a problem with the player” which I honestly didn’t even recognize the name let alone have a problem with.  So after being called biased and cheating, we decided to see if any of us could replicate the situation and no one could.  Therefore we blamed it on lag and he was unbanned with a warning. The kick is one of the mods accusing me of being a cheater and biased to the ban then a few days later came on and told me they found out he was using triggerbot to do what he did, but would apologize for being a dick to me because obviously I made the ban because I didn’t like him and not because I was witnessing him cheating.

Then there was the Dando incident where I, according to everyone on the server, used alting for a pvp advantage to log in and kill Dando, which wasn’t true and was proven by beastbrusier that dando had the worst timing in the world to have killed a clanmate.  In short this is what happened.  I have 1 main account and 2 alt accounts.  My 1st alt account was in a DRO box by my grinder making the mobs spawn, my main account was logged off next to it, and I was currently playing on my 2nd alt exploring the map.

At the time I had switched on to Malv to kill the 400 mobs in my spawner, dando decided to come ot the base.  I had begun killing the mobs and saw dando on all of our snitch warnings which to me was common because he has been there before and pvped the civ players on other servers. So I went about my business enchanting books, but then dando decided to kill sanwi, so I chested all of my stuff, geared up, and went to pvp him.  It was a good fight but he lost and then the onslaught of accusations began that I had used logging for a pvp advantage and multiple modreqs were made, even though dando was the only one present at the time.  Beastbrusier findings will show that what I said happened actually happened and that Dando just had really shitty timing.

And then after talking to Mrloud about using my keybinds and macros mod “which moderators are allowed to have” I asked him if he wouldn’t mind me having a sneak toggle macro instead of me having to install another mod since I had one that could do what I needed to get done.  He said he was okay with it, and I made the poor choice of typing it in wrong which displayed the code in chat which apparently makes me a hacker.  My leet if then statement hacking I guess.

Btw this is the script

if(sneake);

log("&2[Macro] &fSneak off.");

unset(sneake);

keyup(sneak);

stop();

else;

log("&2[Macro] &fSneak on.");

set(sneake);

keydown(sneak);

endif;

Legit hacking right there let me tell you.

Everything I have done or thought of doing I have asked for the admins approval before doing it.  I have also been livestreaming this entire rev for those of you that thought i was using xray and other pvp hacks.  I dare anyone else accused of these things to livestream all the time, but you won't and you know why.

So at the end of it (and for those of you that cared to actually read this far) I have given up and those who wanted me gone have won and those who have without a doubt and probably still to this day cheat on this server get to stay.  I tried to be a productive member of the community and help it grow but apparently that makes me a bad mod so I officially resign from being a mod and from playing on this server. I pretty much just wanted to get this all out there so at least those not corrupted by negative players can at at least get my side of the story.

Maybe I will change my name, come back and get modded like others have.

Thank you to all of those who made the nerd.nu servers an enjoyable place to play.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Malvagio87

P.S. Im sure the first people to post will be the trolls that wanted me to quit lol.

• Upvote 9

I don't see how that IRC log is proof of anything... in fact, all it shows is that you say you have a recording, and I said that I don't think that's likely because we've never hacked on nerd.

I'd prefer not to respond to the rest of it, but I disagree with lots of your facts about me/us.

• Upvote 8

Oh look, a giant attack on me, in the guise of a retirement thread.  I'll respond to your points one by one, if I may.

I'm not going to dispute what you said about your history with the nerd servers.  The thread was posted by barneygale, and he can defend it better than me.  I don't know why half of your post is an attack on me, I had nothing to do with the thread about you, and haven't said anything in-game either.

> Adversely, Four_Down has a server and everyone seems to know about it, yet he was never banned? Obviously he never mentioned it to anyone in this community and they all found it naturally.

I never bring up my server, unless it adds to the discussion, like in conversations about what is technically possible for the nerd servers. But if someone asks me about it, I don't deny that it exists.  I don't give out the domain for my server, or talk about it in-game.  I have only ever said the domain in mumble, and then only if someone directly asks me for it.  People know about my server because it's very popular and shows up in the large server lists.  Again, I don't know why you're lashing out at me about this.

> So I took a break from nerd.nu started playing on Legendarycraft with Four_Down and roast and this ladies and gentleman is where I learned how to use Nodus.  After four and roast had explained to me how everything worked they then went on to show me how by using nuker I could get unlimited xp on that server. So I did. I used the radar I used the tracers I used it all and got good at it, but at the end of the day I stopped because it took the fun out of the game.  

This is true.

> Now while all of this was happening roast and I opened up a server.  Four_Down, however, did not like the fact that roast was doing this and refused to play on the server, but when he did he was sure to make it a complete pain in the ass by exploiting everything he could so I banned him for it.  Now this is probably why Four hates me so much.  I banned him using the same plugin that nerd uses which is MCBouncer.  For those of you that do not know what it does, it is in essence a plugin that informs you of anything you have ever done or been banned for on any server that uses it.  So if you get banned for xraying on server A and you log into server B, both which are using MCBouncer, it notifies the staff of your previous bans and any notes added to your account.  Four knew this and threw a tantrum complaining to Deaygo to remove the notes because he said it was unfair, but it was mainly because he didn’t want everyone to know that he had cheated.

I don't have any memory of this ban.  I only logged into your server to communicate with roastnewt, randomdoor and other people that played on your server.  I don't remember complaining about the ban reason to Deaygo, but if it was something along the lines of "Super L33t Haxor Ban on Sight," then yea I probably complained about it.  But I honestly don't remember this at all.

> Roast after a few months so graciously abandoned the server leaving me in charge of the growing community with no tech admin to control it.  This combined with the 1.3 release of Minecraft sucking horrifically killed my server’s community for the most part.

Roast disappeared off the internet for 6+ months because of personal problems.

> Now during all of this I managed to get myself a nice little recording that I could use as blackmail if four ever pissed me off enough.  

This speaks volumes about you.

> On the nerd servers I had snuck into Randomdoor’s mumble and recorded them talking. After giving one of their clans members coords to people four and another member of his clan which I thought was Fathersouth but could have been wrong decided to go check out the cords. In the mumble you can hear them pointing out areas of their base, who is wearing what armor, and where to tunnel into their base.  You can’t clearly see this from the surface nor can you even see the name tags since they were at bedrock. But if you have xray you can and low and behold I had it on my jar at the time.  So as they are talking and I am recording I am toggling between the xray and basic view so you can see what they are talking about is in fact 100% true and the only way it could possibly be done is by xraying.

> But after talking to Fathersouth he had asked me not to post it because that would mean there entire clan would more than likely be banned and out of the respect I had for him at the time I didn’t post it.  Mind you this was not a recent rev but one around 14-15.

This was more than two an a half years ago, so forgive me if my memory of this is hazy as well.  As far as I remember, I've never hacked on the nerd servers.  We had a lot of fun hacking on legendarycraft, but that's irrelevant to nerd.  Ignoring the morality and legality of recording someone without their consent, your recording is probably from legendarycraft.

> For those of you that don't believe any of this to be true here is some evidence.  

In that image, I just see you telling roast that you have a recording, and him saying exactly what I'm saying, that we hacked on LC but not on nerd.

> I will be visiting my parents next week and while I am there I will definitely be looking for my old desktop that has this video on it and once I find it I will gladly post it on a nice new forum entitle: Four_Down the definition of hypocrisy.

Again, I do not know why you're attacking me.  This is bordering on harrassment.  The thread that attacked you had nothing to do with me, and my only comment on the thread was asking for a rule clarification.

> During this time I decided to help write a guide so that new players and old returning players could have a quick reference to the changes and what they needed to know to get on their feet.

Since you've attacked me throughout this thread, I may as well point out that your guide was a copy/paste of information from civcraft, and contained many inaccuracies, like the cost of keeping people pearled and the expiration of snitches.

> I had been remodded 5 revs ago, and people seemed to care then but not the past 4 revs when no one played much at all.  Now that they had come back they had a problem with me being a mod even though I had done nothing wrong and anything that I may or may not have done wrong had happened 3 years ago.

You went AFK after being remodded.  This revision is the first time you've really played since about a month after being remodded.

> And then after talking to Mrloud about using my keybinds and macros mod “which moderators are allowed to have” I asked him if he wouldn’t mind me having a sneak toggle macro instead of me having to install another mod since I had one that could do what I needed to get done.  He said he was okay with it, and I made the poor choice of typing it in wrong which displayed the code in chat which apparently makes me a hacker.  My leet if then statement hacking I guess.

I don't know why you say it this way, but Mrloud has stated that this was a misunderstanding, that he did not give you permission to use that mod for non-moderating purposes.  From everyone else's point of view, you were using this explicitly disallowed client mod (people say "hacking" because it's shorter), and you weren't using it for mod duties.  On nerd, the philosophy is that mods are no different from players, unless in modmode.  So it upset people to see you using a disallowed client mod (hacking) for non-moderating purposes, when they are not allowed to.

In closing, I'll just repeat what I said in the beginning, I don't know why you've launched this giant personal attack on me, in response to a thread I didn't make.  You've taken zero responsibility for anything that's happened while you were a mod, and seem to be blaming it on a giant conspiracy orchestrated by me.  I would say I'm sorry to see your time at nerd end this way, but this attack-thread directed at me shows that you being mod would probably have eventually turned out badly for me.  Good luck in whatever you do next.

UGw1mKB.gif

Edited by Four_Down
  • Upvote 21

after discussing it with MrLoud he said that if it was him he would just warn but it was up to me and I could ban him if I wanted to.

Well you did warn me, in a pm you said, if i did it again i would be banned. I didn't do it again, but an hour later you banned me. Biggest hypocrite I've ever met, good riddance

The kick is one of the mods accusing me of being a cheater and biased to the ban then a few days later came on and told me they found out he was using triggerbot to do what he did,

I'm not even sure what mod said this, but if they actually thought I did or had any proof I would be banned, its just a baseless acusation, but I get these a lot being good a pixel pvp. I don't hack and I don't appreciate you making up stuff, what I did was easy to do because I was lagging extremely bad, the blocks would take almost 4 seconds to reappear, and anyone in the mumble channel at the time can vouch that I was timing out left and right.

Edited by Gizzletinks
  • Upvote 3

I'm glad you came to tell your side of the story. Honestly, I had no idea who barneygale was talking about in his post and was glad he left out usernames.

I really wish you would have left out usernames in your post as well. It took what could have been a somewhat graceful goodbye/ explanation and turned it into something full of slander. Even if what you are saying is true, this was not, and should not, be the place to openly accuse users of rule breaking. I am sorry your return came to an abrupt and sour end, but I do not see that as an excuse for some of the comments made in your post.

Just as a side note- Yesterday I was breaking an iron reinforced chest with my fist. When the protection started to weaken, the time it took for the chest to reappear became longer, allowing me to hit the block behind it. I have no mods installed other than those necessary to moderate. Seems to me there may be an issue with the citadel stuff, but that is for another thread.

• Upvote 6

It's more disappointing when these attacking threads attack one person (four) and hold back on another (roast). Please give us all the truth about all the players. Holding back evidence on a friend while concentrating on an enemy makes the whole thing look worse, and makes the server look bad because there's an accusation that won't be finished off.

• Upvote 1

It's more disappointing when these attacking threads attack one person (four) and hold back on another (roast). Please give us all the truth about all the players. Holding back evidence on a friend while concentrating on an enemy makes the whole thing look worse, and makes the server look bad because there's an accusation that won't be finished off.

"Give us more dirt on roastnewt" - tobylane

:O What'd I ever do to you, toby?

• Upvote 9

You did nothing today. Mal just said that he had dirt on two people but only wanted to dish on one. If wanting to know all the facts is unwelcome, then I wish to be unwelcome.

I re-read it and still see it. The two paragraphs before [removed image].

Edited by tobylane
  • Upvote 1

You did nothing today. Mal just said that he had dirt on two people but only wanted to dish on one. If wanting to know all the facts is unwelcome, then I wish to be unwelcome.

Read the post more carefully.  He doesn't say that anywhere.  And four responded to all his points, including the ones about me, so there's nothing more for me to say.

I'm not going to argue what the post does or doesn't say, when it's sitting right there for you to read.  Please actually read the other posts before replying, so that you can actually make an informed comment.

• Upvote 1

There should not have been any attacks in the first place. It is highly inappropriate for you to ask for this to continue.

• Upvote 5

There should not have been any attacks in the first place. It is highly inappropriate for you to ask for this to continue.

I can agree with that, but as the topic was created with the same intent, then four replied before me I saw this as an already dirtied thread. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you Malvagio for all the work you have put forth during your time here. 

All accusations will be looked into and any further comments can be messaged to me here on the forums.

Closing to reduce hostility since the intentions have been lost or misdirected in this thread.

• Upvote 10