Lagspikes on C

kittypuppet

1:52AM PST - I finished building my doorway when suddenly I got kicked back a few blocks, and my work had been undone. A lot of other people just got kicked from it as well. 

Will post further lagspikes/problems I run into on C here.

Yea this happened to me too, it undid a few blocks and jumped me back like 6 spaces. This has happened a few times tonight, like it happens on the server here and there(I never report it), but tonight it's occurred a fair bit.

This is an ongoing problem with all players of C affected.   One minute it will be fine and then the next 8 out of 10 placed blocks will disappear.  Everyone on C today was reporting it, so I don't think it was an issue with an individual players connection or my own.

It has been reported by everyone from Aug 6 on and seems to be happening more and more.

This is an ongoing problem with all players of C affected.   One minute it will be fine and then the next 8 out of 10 placed blocks will disappear.  Everyone on C today was reporting it, so I don't think it was an issue with an individual players connection or my own.

It has been reported by everyone from Aug 6 on and seems to be happening more and more.

Just adding on to this report, I think it got worse because since Aug 3, I was experiencing it only when I placed blocks in a fast fashion, so I assumed it was some sort of plug in doing that, but it escalated even more up to today, Aug 8, to where, like jchance stated, 8 out of the 10 blocks placed just disappear.

Yep, it's been the same way for me Taco. Since the beginning of august I've noticed it's slowly gotten laggier.

Today it lags to all hell when I just fly, it's really choppy. Also, I have to pause every few seconds when placing blocks to make sure they register.

I know I've heard techs are looking into things, but sometimes it just acts crazy. I know p used to have crazy issues back in like revs 7-9. Many of the problems there were mob related. I know C had made some changes recently, maybe some of the added features are causing troubles. I don't remember, was compass enabled? I know it was never enabled previously due to lag issues. Keep in mind I'm just throwing ideas out here.

I know I've heard techs are looking into things, but sometimes it just acts crazy. I know p used to have crazy issues back in like revs 7-9. Many of the problems there were mob related. I know C had made some changes recently, maybe some of the added features are causing troubles. I don't remember, was compass enabled? I know it was never enabled previously due to lag issues. Keep in mind I'm just throwing ideas out here.

Oh good point, Yes compass was enabled as well as horses so that could cause something... Also I've noticed some players (won't mention names) like to ask for a sheep or something to spawn, I don't know if they actually get a sheep, I've only heard about it. But the horse thing I feel could be related if you're saying that many past issues were due to mobs.

Slide got on the server and we did some testing the other day and found what he thought was the issue.   He is aware of the problem and said he was going to consult with other techs to get a solution, so this is not being ignored and is being worked on by the tech admins.

C just crashed at 3:45ish PM PST today during the speedbuild competition.

Though I personally doubt the clock has anything to do with it, a lot of people were saying that maybe the clock was causing the lag (for them). Lots of block lag going on, also I had to fly over everything to reload the chunks or I'd see invisible blocks being placed and broken.

Despite this, the lag has been ongoing since the beginning of August for me.

3:56PM PST - timed out again. I got this when I refreshed: http://i.imgur.com/IAAnJAk.png

4:02PM PST - the server came back up, but it also rolled back about 3 - 5 minutes. 

8/16/2014, 10:20-10:25 PM EST

I was working with some redstone (memory circuits, nothing intensive) when I noticed pulses sent from buttons were taking a longer time than expected. Shortly after, me and some other people timed out. This occurred 3 times and eventually stabilized. 

EDIT: Another mild "tps dip" at around 10:30 PM. No one timed out.

EDIT: Major time out at 10:48 PM

Edited by Aypop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...