Policy on Banning Alt Accounts

Mrloud15

Sounds good but I'd be careful applying it to noobs. I think we suffer for xraying being a no-exception 1 month ban + full rollback; it makes sense in most situations but it's difficult applying it to very minor xraying. Similar story with evading - noobs might not realise it's against the rules, or have a feeling its wrong but only expect a slap on the wrist.

I disagree barneygale. Xraying is a blatant disregard for the integrity of the game experience. As such it deserves such a strict enforcement to ensure new players don't cheat their way into luxury and regulars know that they are risking their time investment in the server if they do the same.

• Upvote 1

I believe that the answer to this might lie with trying to make sure new players understand the rules. Short of having random rules get announced by the server in game, on a loop (which I'm not really opposed to), I think we do a fair job getting the rules out to the players. If a player isn't going to take the time to understand what is okay and what is not, we have to hold them responsible. There's only so much "hand holding" we can do.

• Upvote 1

I believe that the answer to this might lie with trying to make sure new players understand the rules. Short of having random rules get announced by the server in game, on a loop (which I'm not really opposed to), I think we do a fair job getting the rules out to the players. If a player isn't going to take the time to understand what is okay and what is not, we have to hold them responsible. There's only so much "hand holding" we can do.

While I agree with what you say, I also personally think that the rules are way to massive at first glance. When a new player joins they are greeted with a rule book full of rules and tons of signs at spawn. I think that some people see this and think "holy crap I don't want to read all these" so they don't and then they either quit or end up breaking them. We need to simplify the rules into something short and simple and then have the expanded rules page in a different book and here on the website. Aypop did a great example of simplifying the rules here.

• Upvote 2

While I agree with what you say, I also personally think that the rules are way to massive at first glance. When a new player joins they are greeted with a rule book full of rules and tons of signs at spawn. I think that some people see this and think "holy crap I don't want to read all these" so they don't and then they either quit or end up breaking them. We need to simplify the rules into something short and simple and then have the expanded rules page in a different book and here on the website. Aypop did a great example of simplifying the rules here.

I agree and like most of Aypop's simplification. Players shouldn't be bombarded with rules when they join. It's important to make sure that the expanded rules are fully accessible ingame through /rulebook however, as you mentioned, to kill any possible rule lawyering. Edit: this post is a bit off topic since the thread deals with alt banning policy

I agree and like most of Aypop's simplification. Players shouldn't be bombarded with rules when they join. It's important to make sure that the expanded rules are fully accessible ingame through /rulebook however, as you mentioned, to kill any possible rule lawyering. Edit: this post is a bit off topic since the thread deals with alt banning policy

I'll start another thread to address this issue.