1. 1. SirTacoface

2. 2. Bardidley

3. 3. GabeRios17

4. 4. 3c33 (aka kd8gpm)

5. 5. Zomise

6. 6. tactical_spork

7. 7. VarukaSalt

8. 8. rtr69

I agree that rtr and tactical where the two who I would choose out of that list to become mods, some of the others on the list are great people to hang around and play with but I don't think they could "fit the role" or want such a responsibility. Unfortunately it tends to boil down to the most liked/known person getting the most yes's (weather it be in this case or not).

Why are mods and admins voting here? You have your own thread, and there's no point in double voting just to skew the results to look more like the mod/admin voting thread.

A community vote involves everyone, the staff are players too. I thought that was the point of this vote, to see what everyone wanted, not just the players, although I may have misunderstood.

If that is that case, then I think this will probably further increase the rift between staff and players, like we're trying to combat eachother's vote.

• Upvote 8

Diznatch: Everyone from player to head admin was invited to vote on this  as it is a vote open to the community. It does not matter if it makes a turn towards identical results to the moderator+ vote, in fact that is a sign to the head admin team that perhaps a vote open to the community is worth looking into since it gives such similar results. It would appear trolling has not happened. and the Community expressed their own opinion on who will be in charge of them. 

• Upvote 1

Q:

Why are mods and admins voting here? You have your own thread, and there's no point in double voting just to skew the results to look more like the mod/admin voting thread.

A:

Post title: August Mod Voting Thread (For Everyone)
Edited by Natdog
  • Upvote 5

Hello everyone just a reminder that this poll will close in 1 day, August 22nd. This is your last chance to get your votes in before the poll is locked.

At this time I'd like to thank all of you that have voted and also to thank everyone that has been decent and courteous.

I would like to touch base on why I made this thread and lucky for me Roastnewt summed it up rather nicely.

To raise discussion about the nominees, if necessary, so that any issues can be brought to light BEFORE they become a mod.

To show broadly that the nominees have the support of the community.

To show that user-voting can work (of admin-provided nominees, obviously, so that no one votes in Storm_Surge).

To show that an open-ballot can lead to more thoughtful, respectful voting.

To these reasons I would like to add the reasoning why the OP was essentially just a copy and paste of Mrlouds post. I wanted the post to be as basic as possible I didn't want to say anything that could fog the results of the poll and discussion, I felt like telling people how to act or telling what to or not to do would effect the overall outcome, I wanted the thread to unwrap as naturally as possible.

It has come to my attention that some people felt that I was disrespectful by making this thread and I would like to say that I'm sorry that you feel this way my goal was not to start drama or to be hostile, but instead to unite the community and not alienate it

A Message To The Admins: I fully understand that a public poll for mod nominees isn't likely to be implemented, but I would ask you to take a peek at the results here maybe even compare them to the your own poll https://nerd.nu/forums/index.php?/topic/2451-august-mod-voting-thread/#entry17966, the results for the most part are nearly identical and I think the data is worth taking a look at.

A Message To All: To everyone whether or not you call yourself a moderator or an admin I want you to know that if you help this community in any way,size,shape or form you should view yourself as a member of staff because without everyday players like you these servers are nothing. And to anyone in this community that feels they are looked down on or not appreciated, you do matter and your time and sacrifice are much appreciated you are part of what makes these servers great, I thank you for you loyalty your dedication and your resolve.

Thank you,

Peace

And

Love

Edited by Natdog
  • Upvote 4

Instead of down voting me, typical trolls, why don't you use a small braincell and wonder if I'm referring to the point of the poll. I understand the point of this discussion, but why publicly vote when it has no effect? It's just showing how much a player is liked in general and honestly is not needed, the discussion part is however.

Instead of down voting me, typical trolls, why don't you use a small braincell

Stop trying to insult people, it's not at all productive. Roastnewt answered your question:

To raise discussion about the nominees, if necessary, so that any issues can be brought to light BEFORE they become a mod.

To show broadly that the nominees have the support of the community.

To show that user-voting can work (of admin-provided nominees, obviously, so that no one votes in Storm_Surge).

To show that an open-ballot can lead to more thoughtful, respectful voting.

You may see the vote as having no effect, but I think it was an interesting experiment to see what the players thought about the nominees. The vote also helps support the discussion and vice versa.

• Upvote 2

Stop trying to insult people, it's not at all productive. Roastnewt answered your question:

You may see the vote as having no effect, but I think it was an interesting experiment to see what the players thought about the nominees. The vote also helps support the discussion and vice versa.

So no one knows varukasalt, where does the conversation go from here?

Well, the discussion isn't really about the players in the vote, but in fact how a vote conducted by the players would work. If you wanted to go down that route, however, then it may be advised that VarukaSalt gets to know more of the players, bare in mind that not too many players from PvE actually voted in this poll, so results are a bit biased towards S and C.

As an experiment, I'm pleased with this vote.  I'm glad the staff-only and the all-player votes are pretty well aligned, it shows a broad consent of the nominees from the players, and shows that the staff are not out-of-touch with how the nominees interact with the rest of the playerbase (which has been known to happen, i.e. a player who really wants staff is kind and helpful only when mods are around).  I don't know what your opposition is to this poll, CROCKODUCK, I see it as a pretty encouraging sign.

• Upvote 2

The people who know them, voted yes or no, the rest voted "Don't know well enough" because they don't know them well enough or at all.

-gsand

;D

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 3

I've heard the username before and I've seen him online in the background on PvE, but nothing ever made him very noticeable.

He's sort of quiet and doesn't do much on mumble or in the forums. I can see where people are coming from. The first time I saw him on was last rev