Why was this thread locked without a little more discussion?

SkrapssparkS

Except you downvote Ridiculous's last comment stating something very important about how the forums are being moderated. I feel his comment was worthwhile and constructive, and gave a different perspective. These forums are made for the community to feel comfortable having open discussion with whatever comes on there minds about the server (or other things) and having it closed because it was discussed and finalized in private makes me feel that there is no point in having the forums public!

I downvoted him because i felt he was trying to tell the heads what to do, it seems the few recent threads have been, in context, very hostile towards staff and imo disrespectful. That's just my opinion , though I know others feel the same. Y'all are trying to help, but it is coming off more as attacks. But if we say or do anything about it we are oppressing people and get flamed. I'm just not sure what to do.

I honestly cannot even tell if you're being sarcastic... If that's legit, than I pity you for taking this so seriously. If it's not, than I can say that I downvoted you because your snide remarks are more detrimental to this discussion than anything Ridiculous and Gsand have said.

Oh, i'm being 100% honest, and yes that is extremely sad because its 100% true. I guess that's my problem though and is in no way to fault of any of the players (also not sarcasm)

• Upvote 3

You're complaining because you're being downvoted, but you're actually the one taking the thread off-topic here. Let the conversation continue its due course. 

Its a joke eehee, you of all people should know this. 

And yes, bickering about slide and everyone else is solving nothing, also the downvotes are nice.  Truly shows everyones colors. 

• Upvote 4

And yes, bickering about slide and everyone else is solving nothing, also the downvotes are nice.  Truly shows everyones colors. 

Contribute and I won't downvote.

• Upvote 8

I'm sorry, but the thread was perfectly on-topic until slide23 brought up this incredibly relevant gem: 

And now we can't call out anyone or deal with any bad behaviour because people immediately say we are biased and oppressing them

Seriously, if you guys actually believe we're being biased and disagreeing with you to spite you, start a thread about it and we'll sort it out there. 

• Upvote 1

None of your posts have contributed to the conversation. Even with Slide and Gsands "bickering" we learned that the admins feel more attacked than feeling like the community is working with them. Even something as small as that is contributing 

• Upvote 1

None of your posts have contributed to the conversation. Even with Slide and Gsands "bickering" we learned that the admins feel more attacked than feeling like the community is working with them. Even something as small as that is contributing 

I'm speaking directly only for myself, please don't lump all admins together, I don't think the players like when it happens to them.

• Upvote 2

I'm speaking directly only for myself, please don't lump all admins together, I don't think the players like when it happens to them.

Considering Mrloud15 is the one who closed the thread in question and you're the one defending yourself in a thread about that, you're in turn defending Mrloud15. 

We also don't mean the entirety of the admin team, but it's much more easygoing to say that when the admins in question are implied rather than directly pointing out usernames, yeah? 

Since this thread is beginning to just turn into mud-slinging and the original intention of the thread has been answered, I think we should bring it to a close if that's okay with OP?

As Dumbo52 said in his last comment:

I believe the best option currently is for players to continue discussion on this thread, which has adopted the intent of the thread which was closed.

Yes, I am defending Mrloud. Because of the following image, which is the complete opposite of a "healthy discussion" and honestly it makes me a bit sick, this seems like mob mentality and the community should be better than this.

3UJG3FX.png

• Upvote 1

Yes, I am defending Mrloud. Because of the following image, which is the complete opposite of a "healthy discussion" and honestly it makes me a bit sick, this seems like mob mentality and the community should be better than this.

3UJG3FX.png

You're saying that people aren't allowed to be unhappy when MrLoud was the one who locked the thread and took away peoples ability to have a "healthy discussion"? Because to me, closing community threads for utterly no reason when there COULD be a discussion is the opposite of having a "healthy discussion".  

I downvoted because MrLoud took away peoples privilege to speak their minds on a topic in what is supposed to be a community based server.

• Upvote 3

You're saying that people aren't allowed to be unhappy when MrLoud was the one who locked the thread and took away peoples ability to have a "healthy discussion"? Because to me, closing community threads for utterly no reason when there COULD be a discussion is the opposite of having a "healthy discussion".  

I downvoted because MrLoud took away peoples privilege to speak their minds on a topic in what is supposed to be a community based server.

You do realize it is literally head admins role to moderate the servers with a final say, which includes the forums. It seems to me that you are implying that any moderation by the staff is 100% against the "community" (which the staff are a part of, right?)

• Upvote 1

This is absolutely a community based servers, and we listen to the community all the time and use what it says when we are making a decision a lot more than most of you guys seem to realize. It's our job to mange policy for the servers and the policy the thread was suggesting was/is not an opinion, so t it was closed saying as much. I love hearing from you guys and the suggestions you come up with, but in this case I did not see the point in having a discussion on something that was not going to change. However, as Dumbo has pointed out even though that policy is not going to change something useful could have come from a discussion about it, and looking back I should have explained why have no intention of implementing and asked if you guys had any idea on ways to improve the process. It's too late to change what has happened now, but I think it would be a good idea to create a new thread explaining how the mod nomination process works (probably include the reasoning behind the steps) and then ask you guys for suggestions on ways to improve it.

• Upvote 5

You do realize it is literally head admins role to moderate the servers with a final say, which includes the forums. It seems to me that you are implying that any moderation by the staff is 100% against the "community" (which the staff are a part of, right?)

You do realize that a final say usually comes after a discussion right? Closing a thread for the reason that it's already been discussed in private somewhere isn't moderating the forum. It's taking away someones, anyones privilege to speak. 

This is absolutely a community based servers, and we listen to the community all the time and use what it says when we are making a decision a lot more than most of you guys seem to realize. It's our job to mange policy for the servers and the policy the thread was suggesting was/is not an opinion, so t it was closed saying as much. I love hearing from you guys and the suggestions you come up with, but in this case I did not see the point in having a discussion on something that was not going to change. However, as Dumbo has pointed out even though that policy is not going to change something useful could have come from a discussion about it, and looking back I should have explained why have no intention of implementing and asked if you guys had any idea on ways to improve the process. It's too late to change what has happened now, but I think it would be a good idea to create a new thread explaining how the mod nomination process works (probably include the reasoning behind the steps) and then ask you guys for suggestions on ways to improve it.

I would upvote this, but it says I've reached my maximum quota of upvotes for today

• Upvote 1

Can I ask one simple question? If this is a community based server how is it that every time anyone brings anything up we get crap every time?

I don't think it was handled particularly well on either side. The thread shouldn't have been locked so quickly, at least not without a brief explanation of the reasons against having seperate mods for each server, that's already been said in the comments above.

Also, some comments here accusing the heads of lying about ever even discussing the topic in private and the amount of downvotes handed out didn't make the situation any better. This very small issue has been blow right out of proportion but looks to have been sorted out now with Mrloud and Dumbo's most recent comments.

• Upvote 1

"Healthy Discussion" is when the community has a way to show they're opinion, if that be the form of upvotes and downvotes. In my four years in this community never have I seen so much drama ensue from just a question to a staff member. In my time hear I have hear time and time again "Staff are held to a higher standard" yet I have never seen less professionalism in the past then I have seen in the last few months from certain staff members here.

Edited by nolanater5711
  • Upvote 1

"every time" ? really? every single time? or could this perhaps be hyperbole?

Slide please stop taking everything as a personal attack. Calm down homeslice. I'm saying it as a broad term obviously and in no way pointing one person out. I feel that many people are never listened to. 

• Upvote 3