I miss you all - and you should miss me too

c45y

Like a lot of past and present players this community was more than just minecraft. Even after leaving I keep in contact with a number of players from here, I'm in IRC a bunch and keep an eye on the subreddit occasionally.

However, minecraft doesn't appeal to me. I like all of you, just not the game this community currently plays.

I would like to see what people think about opening up the forums, and by extension, the community to other games. Rather than us old players who grew bored with minecraft simply hanging around and sometimes logging in, give a massive group of people a home again. Endorse games and try and revive the somewhat dying minecraft nerd.nu community into a broader, and potentially more populated one.

All the resources already exist to make the change. we have categories, we have voice servers and a staff structure, why not?

Let me know what you think

• Upvote 6

We unofficially do this anyway when the mumble crew get together and play steam games, we just don't have an official nerd.nu server network

Hah, it's been a while c45. If you ever want to play games just hop on mumble and say "hey, anyone want to play some [sample text]?"

We have some mumble channels too for other games

• Upvote 1

We have a steam group with tons of people, not to mension tons of people on mumble playing different games! For example, I met Kennya and Cheseblob on the servers and I have been playing games with them for about 2ish years, weather it be minecraft, L4D2, garrys mod, or war thunder.

This sounds like an excellent idea we should at least have a steam group section seeing as we have an extensive steam community and it's never really made use of officially. It also could tie in a little with that misc admin idea someone had about appointing someone to organise out of minecraft events on things like steam. +1 to this idea from me.

• Upvote 1

This sounds like an excellent idea we should at least have a steam group section seeing as we have an extensive steam community and it's never really made use of officially. It also could tie in a little with that misc admin idea someone had about appointing someone to organise out of minecraft events on things like steam. +1 to this idea from me.

WE HAVE ONE YA WILD AND CRASAY GUY!

Just to let everyone know that I have seen this and I'll bring it up to the other heads when I get back in town tomorrow and jump on irc again.

P.S. I'll try to make posts like this more often so people will know that we do see things and aren't ignoring posts.

• Upvote 6