Only having up votes is ridiculous

bmx20042004

I'm a little confused about something.

The first poll for changing voting was created around the 23rd July,  the poll was active for around three weeks before it was closed by MrLoud, so there was more discussion, more users voted, and the results were more representative of users as a whole, but nothing ever came from it.

The second poll was created on the 20th August, the poll was active for 8 hours, before it was closed by Dumbo stating the Head Admins would publish the final decision soon. This poll, being open for such a short time, was much less representative of user opinion, and many time zones slept right through it.

Why did the Head Admins choose to base their decision on the results of the less representative poll, when the older poll was open for much longer and had more discussion/user votes?

• Upvote 6

It does seem like not every one had a chance to vote/decided to vote.

First poll: (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Second poll: (32 member(s) have cast votes)

I think people didn't vote on the second one, because it was only open for 8 hours, and because there had just been another poll with the same options.  I think people assumed that the first poll's results would be looked at, and that they didn't need to vote in every user-created thread that rehashes topics that had (seemingly) already been decided.

• Upvote 6

There's your downvote. You can dislike posts all you want, but Instead of blindly clicking a button, your expected to make a counter argument. The only reason this post has become "circle jerky" is because some people seem to just want to down vote and not say why...

If someone wants to downvote and not say why then they shouldn't get to tell other people that they think negatively of a post. Technology can't change that, it's a culture thing.

I approve this post because we keep using this disagree downvote logic

We tried following reddiquette when we first had the ability for voting. Short of an ignorable popup box like in certain subreddits, that's also not a technical issue.

This discussion as gone on for long enough. The people who have disagreed with the removal of the down votes have spoken their peace but this is just going round and round and when it is all said and done, the down votes will still be gone.

So, that being said, in order to keep unpleasant drama away from the community I am closing this thread. If anyone would like to discuss this further, I will be more than happy to have a private discussion with them in forum PM's or on IRC (Although I'll be on there more during the week than this weekend).

This decision was ultimately decided upon by the head admin team. While we did take into consideration the polls, the decision was ours to make. So if you are unable happy (Although nd feel the need to botch about it) feel free to contact me or anyone else on the team.

• Upvote 4