Modmode bugs

joshuaherman

until we get this one figured out, is there a way to give mods access to /unstuck out of mod mode? I can't think of another instance where this would happen other than when leaving mod mode so I don't see any abuse happening.

until we get this one figured out, is there a way to give mods access to /unstuck out of mod mode? I can't think of another instance where this would happen other than when leaving mod mode so I don't see any abuse happening.

Was discussing this offhand with some other moderators upon seeing this thread, and I don't feel there would be any issue with moderators having this command at all. I have to use this myself if I get stuck outside of /mode (as admins can't be /tphere'd), and I feel comfortable extending that ability to moderators outside of ModMode as well. Just don't use it whilst in combat situations, or in a player trap, and you're pretty much good to go.

It's my understanding based on a few conversations I had with Amaranthus a few weeks ago that this issue occurs due to chunks not being fully sent to the client before the tp back to the normal non-modmode player location.

I've had a 100% success rate avoiding the issue by following this process:

/modmode
/sethome
[do whatever I need to do in modmode]
/home
/modmode

This loads the chunks back where you entered (and will be exiting) modmode while you're still in modmode before you switch back to your regular player self.

I've been coaching other mods on this process as much as I can in game on P, and it seems to have been working for us.  Seeing as it requires no current additional tech work (meaning a short term fix before the actual modmode plugin can be fixed) and doesn't require adding moderator permissions to mods outside of modmode, I believe it to be a more viable alternative than the //unstuck option discussed above.

Going into modmode in the nether and the end for me has caused a glitch where whenever I make a command it says i'm offline and has lead to my minecraft crashing.

That's a common problem. What I suggest doing is avoiding that as much as possible, and also binding a key to /spawn, so when you relog you quickly press it and get sent to the overworld.

If all else fails, you may require a player data reset for modmode from a tech.

Going into modmode in the nether and the end for me has caused a glitch where whenever I make a command it says i'm offline and has lead to my minecraft crashing.

I got this for the first time yesterday, and it happened when I entered modmode in the overworld. I entered it, did /spawn since everything was black after entering (also common), tried /tpc, then with /mb tried to ask why I couldn't /tpc to a modreq.

Here's a screen shot of the error messages, if this helps at all. http://i.imgur.com/M3fNH5q.png

I've had a 100% success rate avoiding the issue by following this process:

/modmode
/sethome
[do whatever I need to do in modmode]
/home
/modmode
This loads the chunks back where you entered (and will be exiting) modmode while you're still in modmode before you switch back to your regular player self.
I do exactly what you wrote and its always worked perfectly for me but Tristan1301 mentioned on IRC that they still got stuck. Their player location was only a few blocks away from their mod location so no extra chunks would have been loaded as well. *shrug*

<Tristan1301> Um, I just died leaving modmode. I sunk into the ground and into lava.

<trevor> Tristan1301: enter modmode and then do /sethome. when you're returning, you should do /home and then turn off modmode

<trevor> otherwise if its loading while teleporting back to your body then you'll end up with stuff like that happening

<Tristan1301> I was standing where I went into modmode.

<trevor> hrm. not sure then. modmode is derpy

<Tristan1301> well, about 10 blocks away