IAmA Ooer AMA

Ooer

WTF is with your subreddit?  :huh:

I originally made it just to claim the subreddit before anyone else made it. It sat there for a while, until I thought it would be funny to see how bad I could break the CSS. I added a few friends, and as you can see, we succeeded. It had about 16 readers for six months, poor confused souls who stumbled across it from /r/random. I think it got mentioned in an /r/askreddit thread, and that number jumped to 300. From there, people just seem to like confusing others with it. Everyone loves a circlejerk, even if they do not know what it is about.

Not a question, a demand.

Make me a mod on a subreddit that you overlord.

Thanks.

Please message the mods of /r/ooer for further details.

Ooer do you even?

Pretty much, though sometimes, not so much.

• Upvote 4

If you could choose any superpower out of the ability to turn your arms into cricket bats, the ability to never feel regret, the ability to shoot kebab meat out of your wrists, the ability to create high-quality knitwear out of thin air and the ability to give people diarrhoea just by touching them, which would it be?

• Upvote 1

If you could choose any superpower out of the ability to turn your arms into cricket bats, the ability to never feel regret, the ability to shoot kebab meat out of your wrists, the ability to create high-quality knitwear out of thin air and the ability to give people diarrhoea just by touching them, which would it be?

Okay, so there are a number of things going on here. Hear me out.

So I can turn my arms into cricket bats? Great, but is this something I can turn on and off. Is it painful to make the transformation? Are the bats made of proper willow-wood or are they a cheap knock off? I can see this being useful if someone dropped fifty golf balls down a slight incline and I could use my arms to create a barrier V shape and collect them all. That's pretty nifty.

Now, the ability to never feel regret could be considered one of the most OP abilities on the list, but also one of the ones that would likely end up getting me killed. If I am baking a pineapple-upside-down cake and try to force it out of the hot tin too early, I could end up getting a nasty burn. If I don't regret doing that, what is to stop me repeating that again and again until my arms are nothing but cinders? It would be great not having to think about the all the years I thought you could either use shampoo or conditioner. I chose conditioner. I wondered why I always had greasy hair.

Shooting kebab meat out of my wrists. I assume this is similar to spiderman, but it still raises questions. What speed is the kebab meat being fired out at? Can I shoot it far enough away to ward off curious feral dogs? Is there a hard limit to the amount of kebab meat I can fire out of my wrists, or can I fill the atmosphere of the earth with 100% donner meat goodness?

Now, being able to create a high quality item with zero production costs essentially makes me a billionaire assuming I can find a large enough market for high quality knitwear. I could look into knitted iPad cases, car jackets and bird hats to expand my possible income.

The last one, though appealing, does it count if I touch myself? Does it only work if I touch people's skin? Does it only work if I break electron repulsion and actually make quantum physical contact with someone? Either way, it would make for awkward conga lines.

I think I would have to take the high-quality knitwear, due to the fact I could create my own country made entirely of a rather visually pleasing peach crotchet pattern.

When are we going to team up and rule the world together*?

*or at least Greenland

Yeah, fuck Greenland.

• Upvote 4

What was your most fond memory of nerd.nu?

I will go full oldfart mode and say rev 1 through to rev 3. It was a simpler time. A plumper time. A Woodvillerer time..

Also seeing how much everyone loved (hated) the 5K, and how much help I got from the mods (and some none mods) in constructing it.

As a moderator of r/unitedkingdom, what is your favoured kickback currency and why is it shekels?

Only Carthaginian ones please.

As the owner of r/ooer would you like your subreddit to be a default?

I would like it to be the only default. 

In other news, I have plans to copy /r/Ooer CSS over to /r/askreddit for next April Fools. You saw it here first. 

How do you describe your hair colour, do you ever wish it was more or less obvious, and what novel hair-related slander and puns have you had?

Pretty fucking red. I like how much it stands out, it means I don't get in trouble for cycling with no lights at night.

I think the best insult someone has ever coined was "gingerc*nt". Pretty original.

• Upvote 2

Two rather unrelated questions, what would you say is the favorite thing you've built on the nerd servers thus far, and if you could change one thing about the servers, what would it be?

I would have to say it would be close between Ashwater and Oops-Upon-Cliff (with the 5K being in a whole different universe).

I don't know the inner workings of things as much as I used to, and the servers are still very successful all these years later so they are doing most things right. Currently (at least in PVE) change can be made through public opinion, and that is all you need in order to ensure the servers appeal to the majority of people. I wouldn't change much!

• Upvote 1

Why do you keep screaming "slag" at me from across the street at 5AM each Tuesday morning? 

Imagine this scenario: you are a crack-whore with exactly $3.50 to your name, and you live in your parents basement.
You are given two options:
A: Steal a fedora from the gentlesir across the street whilst screaming "slag" at me from across the street, 

OR
B: Kidnap a helpless elder and tip ebola on their head, calling it the "ISIS bucket challenge".
What would you do? 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 1

Favorite music?

Favorite cereal?

Most existential moment in your life?

In true British form, I would have to class myself as a drum and bass addict, though I also enjoy cheesy eighties (thank you Vice City), shoegaze, progressive house, whatever has a catchy beat and some thought to it really!

Favourite cereal would have to be a draw between lucky charms and reese's puffs. They are very hard to get and expensive over here in the UK, the cravings hurt.

Why do you keep screaming "slag" at me from across the street at 5AM each Tuesday morning? 

Imagine this scenario: you are a crack-whore with exactly $3.50 to your name, and you live in your parents basement.

You are given two options:

A: Steal a fedora from the gentlesir across the street whilst screaming "slag" at me from across the street, 

OR

B: Kidnap a helpless elder and tip ebola on their head, calling it the "ISIS bucket challenge".

What would you do? 

Because I'm trying to give you this sweet borderlands 2 gun and I want you to know the element effect.

$3.50 won't get my very far in the UK, so I doubt I would even be able to afford a bucket of fresh ebola, so that idea is out. The old man across the street doesn't have a fedora, only Alzheimer's, so that idea is not a worker either.

I guess I would just stick to yelling slag at you from across the street. 

• Upvote 1