Creative Ideas and Suggestions | Creative Changelog

jchance

Creative Suggestions:

I'd like to try something new with suggestions for creative since suggestions in the forums get unwieldy and its not really clear how many people want a thing to be done.

I have created https://nerd-creative.uservoice.com  which is an online customer feedback / suggestion tool where anyone can post a suggestion, vote for others suggestions, and admins can respond.

The most voted for things rise to the top.  It prioritizes what features I should bug the tech admins for.  Its easy and fun!  Go try it out.

Creative Changelog:

It was suggested at the general meeting that we keep a change log for servers.  I'm going to do that in this thread.

EDIT:

I appreciate any comments people leave in this thread, but in the interests of keeping it readable I'm going to remove any comments between updates.   This is just to keep the list organized and readable- You can feel free to throw out a "WHOOO!" or "Thanks!" here if you want, but it will be removed with the next update post.  

if you have a specific request you can use the link above, or if there is a concern or post that you want to have permanence you can always put it in the bugs forum or ask in general server discussion!

Edited by jchance
Added change log info
  • Upvote 10

Sep 12 2014 | Creative r27 release changes:

New pets pugin

Added Barnyard, a custom "pets" plugin written by Dumbo. (command: /pet)

• Spawn up to 3 personal pets that can not be harmed, like the current horse plugin

• Choose your pets species (includes cow, pig, chicken, squid, bat, ocelot, wolf... all the non-aggressive mobs)

• Ride your pets. If the pet is steerable (like a pig with carrot on a stick) you can do so. if not, you're in for a random ride

• Wear your pets on your head. Always wanted that leather hat? Now you can have the whole cow.

• Stack your pets. or, wear a pet while riding a pet and make a pet sandwich. Fun times.

• Despawn / change your pets if you get tired of having 4 chickens, or you lost your bat. You will lose your bat.

• Oh yeah, you can spawn villagers too. Have your own NPC populating your build.

New inventory plugin

Added InvSwap, a plugin made by elan_oots that allows saving inventories. (command /invswap)

• Save up to 10 inventories. (/invswap save <name> and load it with /invswap load <name>)

• Use a public inventory. These can only be made by admins but if you have a good idea for an inventory we can add it. (Current ones: roads, redstone, terraforming) (/invswap public help)

Fixed the permissions allowing you to drop these items if they're in your inventory:

/i 90 (nether portal block)

/i 119 (end portal block)

/i 8 Flowing water

/i 9 Still water

/i 10 Flowing lava

/i 11 Still lava

*Fireworks will be craftable and usable: *

The current fireworks command we have now isn't that great. We're going to start with having to craft them manually from your creative inventory. You should be able to craft stacks of fireworks quickly for fireworks shows if desired.

Dispensers Fire Things:

Arrows, eggs, snowballs, fireworks. Fire all the things.

Item Drop Regions:

Dumbo has created a custom region item-drop flag plugin. You can request moderators "/region flag <region-name> allow-drops allow"

When this flag is set, items are droppable in that region. This can be used for mini-games that require drops, PvP areas, etc.

New Region commands for players:

Players can now list their own protections using /region list, which will give them a list of regions they own with an ID#

Players can now teleport to their regions by doing /region teleport ID#

• Upvote 2

Moved //setbiome to mod permissions.

Now mods can //setbiome after selecting a region or area with the wand without elevating it to admins.   Less admin reqs yay!

To use:

1.   /region select <regionname>

2.   //setbiome <biome_name>

Biome may be one of the following: OCEAN, PLAINS, DESERT, EXTREME_HILLS, FOREST, TAIGA, SWAMPLAND, RIVER, HELL, SKY, FROZEN_OCEAN, FROZEN_RIVER, ICE_PLAINS, ICE_MOUNTAINS, MUSHROOM_ISLAND, MUSHROOM_SHORE, BEACH, DESERT_HILLS, FOREST_HILLS, TAIGA_HILLS, SMALL_MOUNTAINS, JUNGLE, JUNGLE_HILLS, JUNGLE_EDGE, DEEP_OCEAN, STONE_BEACH, COLD_BEACH, BIRCH_FOREST, BIRCH_FOREST_HILLS, ROOFED_FOREST, COLD_TAIGA, COLD_TAIGA_HILLS, MEGA_TAIGA, MEGA_TAIGA_HILLS, EXTREME_HILLS_PLUS, SAVANNA, SAVANNA_PLATEAU, MESA, MESA_PLATEAU_FOREST, MESA_PLATEAU, SUNFLOWER_PLAINS, DESERT_MOUNTAINS, FLOWER_FOREST, TAIGA_MOUNTAINS, ICE_PLAINS_SPIKES, JUNGLE_MOUNTAINS, JUNGLE_EDGE_MOUNTAINS, COLD_TAIGA_MOUNTAINS, SAVANNA_MOUNTAINS, SAVANNA_PLATEAU_MOUNTAINS, MESA_BRYCE, MESA_PLATEAU_FOREST_MOUNTAINS, MESA_PLATEAU_MOUNTAINS, BIRCH_FOREST_MOUNTAINS, BIRCH_FOREST_HILLS_MOUNTAINS, ROOFED_FOREST_MOUNTAINS, MEGA_SPRUCE_TAIGA, EXTREME_HILLS_MOUNTAINS, EXTREME_HILLS_PLUS_MOUNTAINS, SWAMPLAND_MOUNTAINS, MEGA_SPRUCE_TAIGA_HILLS

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

The cadmins and head admins have agreed on trying to add restricted World Edit for everyone to creative.

Creative Dev is up and I'm working with the Tech Admins to test async world edit + a region restriction plugin for world edit for default (regular) players.  There are a lot of errors right now and we'll have to sort them out with the other nerd plugins, but we're working on it!

• Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

Creative now has personal time control-  /ptime,  a custom plugin by Dumbo52.

Command syntax:

/ptime day = locks it on day

/ptime night = locks it on night

/ptime 6000 = locks it on a specific time of day, in ticks.

/ptime = Command with no setting turns off personal time, returns to server-wide time.

Ticks go from 0 to 24000.  Each hour has 1000 ticks.  

Minecraft time is kinda dumb and is based off the start of day being at 0000:

• 0000 is sunrise, 6AM
  • 6000 is noon
  • 12000 is sunset, 6PM
  • 18000 is midnight
  • Upvote 3

Added /up command.

Usage:

/up <number of blocks>

Example:

/up 10

Moves you up 10 blocks, places 1 glass block under your feet.   Useful for when you want to start building in midair, or jump to a specific y level.

Removed:

//

//sp

//sp area

Because they were not being controlled by the WorldEdit region plugin (unsafe command that would allow anyone to grief).   Sorry, nothing we can do about that one.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Creative revision 28 is live! New plugin added is Multiverse-Core, allowing us to have multiple worlds.

/mvlist allows you to see the list of current worlds.

/mvtp allows you to tp to one of the worlds on that list.

Currently the only other world is a Trophy World, where we display winners of contests. More will be

discussed in a thread I will create soon. I will update this comment with that thread.

Edit: Here's a link to that said thread.

• Upvote 1

Update on Contest World:

We have officially created it, currently there is the survival ship contest going on. You may request to have your own contest put up on the world as well. Just message me details on plot sizes and the theme and info, and I'll set something up.

We are using /plotme commands, more info will be on the boards in that world.

WE does not work with individual plots. (sorry, just have to deal with it for now until there's a fix.)

Edit:

Thanks to LRO, she announced that WorldEdit is actually now working, so have at it.

This is still a work in progress, please bear with us.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what the problem with having this command, but in WorldEdit, I am not able to use the //count command within my own region.

Message: "You are not permitted to do that. Are you in the right mode?"

Moderators are capable of using this command, from my understanding, but I don't think it'll be efficient to /modreq everytime I would like to count block distances.

Ta. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Not sure what the problem with having this command, but in WorldEdit, I am not able to use the //count command within my own region.

Message: "You are not permitted to do that. Are you in the right mode?"

Moderators are capable of using this command, from my understanding, but I don't think it'll be efficient to /modreq everytime I would like to count block distances.

Ta. ^_^

The //count command counts the number of a certain type of block within your selection, not block distances. If you want to count the distance between two blocks, I recommend using the //size command instead.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Creative's map has expanded from 4000x4000 to 5000x5000!

Roastnewt: Your suggestions are being evaluated, Dumbo believes //gmask may not work due to conflicts with WorldGuardRegions.

Also, feel free to use this https://nerd-creative.uservoice.com/forums/267030-general we are trying our best to pay attention to this more.